The beginning of this blog truly started back in January of this year, 2011. Emily had the opportunity to travel with a friend to Phoenix for a long weekend. We all decided that one of the fun things we could do was to visit the Mesa Temple; Emily had never been there before. We enjoyed walking around the temple grounds and going into the Visitors' Center. I wish I could say something magical happened or Emily had an epiphany, but she didn't. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the warm sun shine. Little did we know that Emily would be serving here in less than a year.
Love,
Katherine
February 18, 2016
When I went to this temple and visitor center, I thought it was pretty cool. I remember we walked in the visitor center where the Christus statue was. We sat there and admired the statue. There was a sister missionary who came over and asked us if we would like for her to share the narration with us. We said no that we were about to leave. I remember thinking wow what a boring mission. That sister missionary looked tired and didn't look happy. Little did I know what this mission was really all about. I didn't remember this experience until I was in the mission field and started serving in the visitor center. I am sure I looked exactly like that sister missionary. At that point I thought you only served at the visitor center all day every day. But that is not the case. I love this little spot of land with all my heart. It was somewhere where I came to know God in such a way that I couldn't have. It was my sacred grove where I came to know God, some of his children and myself.
-Emily

No comments:
Post a Comment