Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Mike and Tami Grooms



Mike and Tami Grooms are a family I met in my first area.  They had friends in the Mountain Ridge ward. Mike and Tami live in the Las Sendas ward.  Sister Parker and I tried contacting them.  Sister Lewis and I tried contacting them.  Sister Avila and I tried contacting them and we finally were able to meet them.  

Tami's friend told us that Tami would appreciate some extra help around the house.  We offered and Tami was shocked that we would come in and offer help.  Sister Avila and I went in and cleaned the house for her.  We went three different times.  Each time we went we taught her more about the gospel each time.  Tami was surprised to hear everything we were sharing with her.  She was shocked that us young girls would come and serve a mission and leave our families.  

Tami thought that what we were teaching was beautiful.  You could see how much she loved hearing what we were teaching her.  We tried setting up a time for us to come and teach her with her husband in an evening.  I was transferred before we could continue to teach.  I don't know the rest of the story.

  When I got home from my mission is when I received this picture from Sister Avila.  She let me know that Tami and Mike did get baptized.  I was so happy and excited to hear it.  Made me cry when I heard about it.  This was a moment I needed. A lot of the time I felt my time was wasted as a missionary. I felt like because I didn't see people get baptized I wasn't a good missionary.  I was taught in this moment that my time was not wasted.  Even now as I write this I feel the spirit witness to me that my time as missionary was not wasted.  I am thankful for that witness of the spirit.  

One of the last times I went to visit Arizona I stopped by Tami's house.  She recognized me. I wasn't sure if she would but she did.  Tami was so excited to see me.  She had tears in her eyes being in touch with me.  She thanked me for what I had done for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment