Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Christmas at the Visitor Center

Christmas at the Visitor Center 

Back of the visitor center with the reflecting pool.  Lots of members came to help put up the lights and take them down.  Each stake was responsible for an area to make.  There are literally millions of lights that are on the temple grounds.  Members volunteered to come and invite people into the visitor center.  Inside every year there are nativities set up. There is a woman who collects nativities from all over the world.  She comes and puts the display up every year.  She tries to make the display different every year.  There are other members who loan out their nativities for this display. It always helped to create a special feeling about Christmas.  

This quilt was sewn by a member that lived in the area.  She spent many hours making it.  The church asked if she would be willing to donate her quilt to allow the world to see it.  There is much symbolism within the quilt.  

This is comet representative of the second coming. 

The doves represent the Holy Ghost descending in the form as a dove when Christ was baptized.  
This tree is representative of the tree in the Garden of Gethesemane.  The red berries are symbolic of his blood being spilt for us. 



Like the scripture as hen gathereth her chicks under her wing so will Christ do the same for us.  
The parable of the ten virgins.  Reminding us to fill our lamps with oil to be prepared for when Christ comes again.  
The three rings around the flame are symbolic of the three degrees of glory. 
A complete picture of the whole quilt.  It was magnificent to see in person. I loved teaching people all about it.  I felt the spirit many times while teaching about Christ.  This was a very special quilt. I met the woman who made the quilt.  She had very special experiences in making the quilt.  
This painting was amazing.  The artist had a unique experience in painting this.  She painted on the glass.  I can't remember all the details but it was incredible to see this in person.  
She put much symbolism in her painting.  She wanted to portray how much Joseph loved Mary.  She also tried to show the plan of salvation throughout the entire thing.  










I absolutely love this place. It is so very special to me.  This is one of my sacred groves.  I am thankful to have served here. I was grateful for my time there.  I met many wonderful people there and felt the spirit touch their hearts and change lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment