Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Airport


Emily is home!!!! It has been so wonderful having Emily home. We have missed her so much and I have been so excited for her to get to know Layla. They have become pretty good friends and Layla will go to her and give her hugs. The day Em came home was a pretty hectic day. I made a banner for her, had to take Phil to work, get me and Layla ready, pick up balloons, pick up Phil from work and head to the airport. And Emily's flight was early, so I was panicking to get there on time and Phil kept reminding me that we would be fine. And sure enough, we got there in plenty of time. Both of the Great Grandma's came, which was so fun! And Chloe got to go up to the gate to see Emily get off the plane. It was so exciting to see her come down the escalator. As soon as Amelia and I could see her we were yelling to my mom that she was coming so she could help the Grandma's come over, it was all very exciting :) Phil recorded it all for us, and because the videos have to be a certain size for me to upload them here, they are cut up into four different videos.

I made everyone pose for a picture with my silly banner for Emily
Dad, Lalya, Robbie, Great Grandma Kranendonk, Grandpa Kevin, Rob
and Grandma Vicki
Mom, Layla, Great Grandma Parker, Aunt Mia, Great Grandma Kranendonk,
Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Kevin
Emily running over
Aunt Emily saying hi to Layla
Grandma Vicki, Aunt Mia, Grandpa Kevin, Mom, Dad and Layla, Uncle Rob, Robbie
Great Grandma Parker, Sister Kranendonk, Aunt Chloe and Great Grandma Kranendonk




After picking Emily up, we all went to the Stake President's House for Emily to be released. President Catenzaro had so wonderful things to say about Emily after their meeting and it was so wonderful to be reminded of what a good missionary she was. Then afterwards we went to Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Kevin's house for cinnamon rolls! They were absolutely amazing :) It was fun to sit and visit and hear Emily talk about all of her companions and to show us pictures from her camera. A little bit later on in the day, I had gotten Layla to fall asleep and I let Emily hold her. This was her first time holding Layla :)
Aunt Em and Layla

After Phil got off work we went down to City Creek to walk around. Phil and I got there early and we let Layla play in the Dinosaur play area. Phil was teaching Layla how to climb up the slides. It is so fun to watch her learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment