Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Saturday, March 9, 2013

Our Last Visit

Yep, the time has come to say goodbye.  Sister Kranendonk will be flying home to Salt Lake City on Tuesday morning.  Brian and I packed up little Alice and headed to the Visitors' Center to say goodbye to Aunt Emily for now.  We took her one last plate of cookies and Alice's baby announcement.  We will miss seeing her at the Visitors' Center; it will never be the same for us.  

Alice waiting for Aunt Emily to come.

Sister Kranendonk invited us to go to her farewell lunch with her district.  We went to one of her favorite places Nikki's Kitchen, which serves fry bread.  We had a great time visiting with her and the missionaries in her district.  I tried asking all the missionaries if they had any dirt on Sister Kranendonk. Elder Furr talked about when she accompanied him on the piano.  While he was singing, a hymn book fell on the keyboard.  They were both laughing while telling me the story. 


Alice was a bit of a grump; I guess she will miss Aunt Emily as much as I will.

Sister Kranendonk and her district.

Brian and Alice
We are sad for her to go home, but we are very excited to see her next time we visit Salt Lake.  I will love being able to pick up the phone and call her whenever I want to talk to her.  I am happy for all of those living in Utah who will get to see her.

Love,

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment