Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, March 4, 2013

Letter: 3/4/2013 ~ See you in a week!!


I haven't changed much..... :)

Our District:
Elder Furr, Elder Van Meetern, Elder Vete, Elder Carrillo, Elder Camarillo,
Sister Cottrell, Sister  Newton, Sister Javed, Elder Allred.


Dear Family!

Oh my word I cannot believe I only have a week left. It is so crazy. I have had lots of opportunities to share my testimony lately. People must think I really am leaving or something. The elders in my district tease me a lot, they tell me to go home. I don't like it. Don't get me wrong I am super excited to go home, I just don't like that I am the only one going home and not carrying on with the work down here. But I will carry on the work back home.

There have been many miracles this week. The Lord has been teaching me the lesson of being happy with where I am at. You realize that with whatever the moment is you need to enjoy it. Too often we find ourselves saying oh after this event I will be happy. When this is over all my stress will be gone. Too often we live life waiting for things to be over. We don't enjoy them while they are happening. Life is not meant to only be enjoyed in retrospect. This is a powerful lesson to learn I feel. I am thankful to be learning it.

There have been so many awesome miracles happening. We are finding new people to teach all the time. Although a lot of the people we are teaching now are hitting road blocks and are being tried in their faith. I have learned that the gospel of Jesus Christ is reality. When we apply it to our lives it helps us a long the way. We can more easily handle the challenges that hit us. Sometimes we get caught up in thinking in we can handle it on our own. Or things have to be really bad in order for us to rely on the Lord. I have learned it is not that way. It is a process of a step by step journey continually relying on the Lord. This is how our foundation is built. I know the Lord helps us. I know He is aware of us.

Tiffany is getting baptized this weekend. I can't wait for her. She is so prepared. She initiated having family home evening with her dad. They read scriptures on baptism. I love that she took that initiative and is not even a member. She is amazing. It has been incredible to teach her.

I love you all so much. I am so thankful for the blessings the Lord gives. He sure is good to us.

See you in a week. :)

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is coming home in a week! AHHH! Can't wait to give her a great big hug. Could someone by chance post her homecoming "talk" details on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we will! I'll be sure to post the details for anyone who wants to come.

      Delete