Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, February 4, 2013

Letter: 2/4/2013 ~ An Heir of Eternity

Hello Everyone!

It definitely has been a much better week. Thank you for all the letters I receive from family and friends. I know I have lots of love and support backing me up. I am thankful for these hard times to keep moving forward and to keep growing. I know these experiences are for my benefit and help me to become the kind of person I am meant to become. Life is better when you keep in mind the eternal perspective. :) It makes things easier to deal with. Although sometimes I feel more weight in the responsibilities that I have. I realize how precious time is. I think a lot about what I should do with my time. I realize that missionary work is the best thing I can be doing. I am laying up treasures in heaven that will last forever. Nothing else matters much. There are so many different ways of doing missionary work. It's not always about giving a copy of the Book of Mormon or inviting people to church. Yes those things are vital but missionary work happens any time someone is brought closer to Christ. This definitely happens when taking care of family. We live the plan of salvation every day.

I called this guy the other day and he was excited to hear from me because he is getting baptized. This guy had come into the visitor center the one day with his friend seeking to learn more. I took him and his friend on a tour and it was so special. He has made some great changes in his life. It is wonderful to not only hear about it but see it and hear it. He is thankful for the changes that have come into his life because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It reminds me of a quote by Elder Holland that I love.

I testify that God lives, that He is our Eternal Father, that He loves each of us with a love divine. I testify that Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son in the flesh and, having triumphed in this world, is an heir of eternity, a joint-heir with God, and now stands on the right hand of His Father. I testify that this is Their true Church and that They sustain us in our hour of need—and always will, even if we cannot recognize that intervention. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. Of that I personally attest. I thank my Father in Heaven for His goodness past, present, and future, and I do so in the name of His Beloved Son and most generous high priest, even the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

I testify this is true. These blessings will always come, we don't always know when. But part of the gospel of Jesus Christ is repenting and then we can fully enjoy these blessings. They knew we would stray, we would make mistakes and sin. Which is why God gave us His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ. I testify of the reality of God and Jesus Christ.

Transfer news came. Sister Smith and I are no longer together. I am sad to not be with Sister Smith but we accomplished all that we needed to together. I am getting Sister Javed. She is from Pakistan. She is super cute. It is awesome because she and I both started out our missions together and will finish our missions together. It is a great privilege of mine to serve with her. I love her prayers. When you hear her pray, you know that she is talking to God. I have never seen or heard someone speak with such love, respect, humility, and reverence for God. I can't wait. I still can't believe I come home on the 12th of March. It is coming crazy fast. I am trying to make the most of it every day. Also they took away two of my wards and gave me one. So now I cover two wards. Which will be nice. It will open the door for lots of opportunities.

I am still shocked that Uncle Gene passed away but as I listened to Katherine share with me a little bit of the experiences I felt the spirit. The spirit has confirmed to me that he is meant to be on the other side and that he can do more to bless his family from the other side. How thankful I am for the plan of salvation. I know the plan is real.

Another thing that I have been learning lately is how powerful a witness of the spirit really is. It is more powerful than having a visitation from a heavenly being. We don't all get to see a heavenly being but we all get to feel the spirit. The spirit is more powerful. The Lord has already provided for us a powerful witness of the truth and it is through the Holy Ghost. We only have access to the Holy Ghost after we are baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority. I see time and time again how important these things are to each individual person. We know that Laman and Lemuel didn't get it even after seeing heavenly messengers. I know we can all feel the spirit and receive the witnesses of the truth. Any thing we want to know we can ask God and he will give.

Sister Smith and I have been knocking on a lot of doors lately and no answer. We still laugh ourselves silly. Really being a missionary is so funny sometimes. But it sure is a great life to live. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Love,
Sister Kranendonk

P.S.
I think I have the best family ever....I love you all.  I miss you like crazy. :)
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment