Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, February 25, 2013

Letter: 2/26/2013 ~ Hello

Sister Kranendonk and Sister Javed

It actually snowed a little bit here.  This was the most beautiful day ever.
I can't believe that I haven't seen snow in two years.
I am ready for it. :)


Hello everyone!

Oh my goodness! Life is so crazy. But I couldn't love it anymore. I feel like I am running a million miles an hour and I don't know how to slow down. I have the most bitter sweet feeling about the mission. I absolutely love serving. I feel like I am leaving the best party ever because I have a curfew. I am the only sister going home this transfer. Sister Shurtz is extending her mission. I am going home with a bunch of Elders. One of the Elders, Elder Larocco has served the whole time that I have been out. So its fun to go home with someone that I know.

The work is just booming. There is not enough time to help everyone. There is so much potential. There definitely is not enough time for everything. Thank heavens for all those missionaries who are coming out. I hope one of those will be cough cough Chloe cough cough. Sorry, did I say that out loud?  That was totally suppose to be in my head. Sigh.... nice save. :) My companion has been sick, I must have caught what she has ;) I love working with the members. Without them the work does not get done. We cannot do anything. I look forward to doing missionary work the rest of my life. :) I am going to have to learn Spanish to help our neighbors out. So far I can only say hello and how are you. Sister Javed has been teaching me Urdu. It is a hard language to learn but I love it. My mouth doesn't work too well.

We went to visit this girl who has been less active for awhile. The relief society president asked us to stop by and visit her. We went in and chatted for a little bit. We invited her to come to church. We share our experiences of coming on a mission and how it has blessed us. She cried. She has a desire to go on a mission. But the distractions of life took over. She has not said a prayer for over a year. She said for the past year she felt numb. She said nothing made her happy. She felt that life was not worth living for. She felt it was not worth it to be living. We invited her to pray. That night she didn't feel that she wanted to pray, but knew she needed to because we asked. As she did, she said she felt the most beautiful feeling bloom inside of her. Something she has not felt for awhile. It was awesome to hear about her miracle. It was amazing. She now knows she wants to work towards a mission. She really sees what the gospel does for someone. Life is so much happier when you share the gospel. She is going to be coming on visits with us this week. :)

We have been teaching Tiffany. She is absolutely incredible. It has been so fun to teach her. There has been the sweetest spirit in her lessons. She has such a great desire to learn and be a part of the church. I love that she is not a member, yet when she prays, she always prays that the gospel will be shared with everyone. She is 16 years old. She is ready to help change the world. Her and her friends were talking about serving missions. They hope to be like me and Sister Javed and have as nice of a car as we do. Although I am very thankful to be driving a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla but real missionary work happens when you are biking or walking. Plus if I know anything what matters more is where your heart is at. Although I am amazed at the countless opportunities I have had to help prospective missionaries to go on missions. I have given so much advice. Its amazing how that is a part of missionary work. We normally don't think it is a part of missionary work.

I had a friend write me this past week about gratitude. You know gratitude is something that I am working on as well. Having a grateful heart helps us to be humble. And it makes it so you don't have to be compelled to be humble. I think therein lies the difference of being compelled. I also learned a powerful lesson when I read Doctrine and Covenants 123:17, ". . . dearly beloved Sister Kranendonk . . . cheerfully do all things that lie in your power and then may you stand still with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God and for His arm to be revealed." I can choose to be happy with my circumstances and do all that I can. I know Heavenly Father continues to work a miracle in me. He will help to bring about my salvation as I do the best I can. He will help me to overcome the struggles that I have. I do have a desire to change. We all do. But it is not until we have faith, faith in ourselves and in God to change. Faith is taking action and relying on God to become who He wants us to become. I know He sent us to not just succeed but to gloriously succeed. Let us look to God and live.

I love you all. I miss you lots. Have a wonderful day.


Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment