Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, January 7, 2013

Letter: 1/7/2013 ~ Remembering Him as He remembers Us

Hello!

This past week we have been preparing Chris for his baptism this coming Saturday. He is such a great guy. I love his enthusiasm for living the gospel. When we taught him the Law of Chastity, he prayed at the end. It was the best prayer ever. He said, "I Christopher (said his full name) covenant to keep the law of chastity." He always says the best prayers. I love hearing him pray, it is incredible. He can't wait to be baptized. Chris had some nightmares. One night and he woke up and prayed and then spent a little bit of time reading from the Book of Mormon. I love how he turned to the scriptures for comfort. I know we can be comforted and find peace as we read the Book of Mormon.

I am so thankful when the Lord allows me to help answer a prayer of one of His children. I think it is incredible. We have started calling people who have been referred by members. I taught this woman named Emily. She is 79 years old. She loves to watch the BYU channel. She feels so good when she watches it. As I talked to her, she said that she wishes some one would have knocked on her door sooner. She wishes she had the gospel sooner so that she could have taught her children better. She said our lives would have been better. My heart ached for her because of her wishing she had it to have a better life. I just think of all the people we interact with and how badly they need the gospel and we don't share it with them. More often than not people want it. They are being prepared.

I talked to another woman who lost her baby last year. I was blown away by talking to this lady. I just thought of the doctrine taught in Moroni 8 where it says children are alive in Christ. How true that is! She has found great comfort in that. She was being taught by missionaries but got too busy with life. She now wants to have missionaries again. I think it will be awesome for her to be taught.

Sister Smith taught a man named Rick. Oh it was so cool teaching him. Everything he said brought to our minds principles and doctrines that we could testify of. You could tell by what he was saying that he is prepared to receive the gospel. He is searching. You can feel of the intent and sincerity he has to accept the gospel. He is ready to act and change his mind. It was even better to hear his girlfriend testify of the gospel and of her experience in coming to know the truth. It touched his heart to hear it.

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." Isaiah 49:16. I have always loved this scripture. I love how it teaches us that our walls, challenges, weaknesses and struggles are always before the Lord. He is on the otherside helping us to overcome them. I also love how the Lord remembers us. He truly remembers us. We need to remember Him like He remembers us. It is interesting to think about what the Lord went through to remember us. He has never forgotten us. His purpose is about us and our happiness. I testify of Christ for He truly lives. I know He remembers us. I know its all because He loves us.

I love you all. I hope you have a great week. I hope to hear from you soon.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment