Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, December 3, 2012

Letter: 12/3/2012 ~ Miracle . . . I think so!

Hello!

Is there a bigger word than miracle? If there is I would use it to describe this past week. The Lord is sooooooooooo good!!!! Oh my goodness. Every day is full of miracles. Sister Carlson and I always feel like dancing and singing because of how happy we are. We love seeing people change their lives through living the gospel. I feel so much love for all of the people we are serving. It is such a great privilege to know them. I really am a servant and nothing could be better. I love how the Lord is taking care of everything in our area. He is better at it than anyone. His hand is guiding this work. I know it.

Things are going well. This past week has been a week of miracles. The Lord is surely taking care of our area while we are at the visitor center. I have seen how service softens hearts. We might have a new investigator by the end of the day. Jackie's husband is wanting to give our church a try because we have always been there to help them when things were hard. He said that if Jackie could do it he could. He wants to have an eternal family. He wants to have us over for pizza today so hopefully all will be well. I am super excited. It is amazing how the Lord has taught us patience in accepting His timing.

This past past week we help cleaned and rearranged Jackie's house. Then the next day we went for a visit but she had come home from the Bishop's store house with loads of food. It took all of us to make many trips to take it in. I felt such joy in helping her. I just felt like there was nothing better that I could be doing. Honestly I want to spend my life in service. When people have asked me what I dream about doing in my life, I always tell them service. I don't day dream about traveling the world or anything like that. I day dream about serving in the church and giving all that I have. Because I know that all that I have is from God and given to not only meet my needs but to help meet the needs of others.

I have also learned how important it is to have only one motivation and that is to serve others. I have been focusing on this and praying about it. I want that to be my only motivation for doing what I do. The Savior had only one motivation and that was to help others. It has made a huge difference in the way I serve and help people. I have less that I worry about and I accomplish a lot more. I have seen it make a difference in the way I talk to people at the visitor center. I love how us sisters at the visitor center work together as a team. I have seen how important it is to invite people. I know that as I invite them into the visitor center and help them know what is going on inside more miracles have happened. And it all starts with a simple invitation of inviting someone. I know the Lord is working through me.

Kumar family is doing well. Every time they see us they want to make sure that Saadil is prepared for baptism. So we set a date for the 15 of this month. The parents don't see how they can be baptized again when they have already been baptized. They also confuse faith and authority together. So this is the struggle we have with them. They feel so happy at church and love being able to come. They tell us how good they feel in coming to church. It is fun to be there with them. They know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. They love it a lot. I am so thankful to be a part of their lives. When they make comments like this, it is music to a missionaries ears.

I understand that it was busy this past week which is why I only heard from Katherine. But I hope to hear all about the family Christmas party and the funeral next week. I love you all so much. I am so thankful for each of you. I love you. I miss you. I hope all of you are well. I always pray for you.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk


No comments:

Post a Comment