Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Letter 12/18/2012 ~ Mission changes!

Hey Everyone!

How are you? I hope you are doing well. Things are super crazy but super good. Life could not be better. Being a missionary is awesome. Transfers are happening. Guess what? I am training again. This will be really good for me the last two transfers I have because it will help me to stay strong. I am super excited for her. Her name is Sister Smith. She is from Washington, Utah. We are both 24 years old. Everything is coming together that I I think it is a blessing for us to be companions. I think it will be awesome. I have been pondering a lot about my experience last time I trained. I definitely feel Heavenly Father's hand in my life preparing me for this experience. I think it will be awesome. I hope my new trainee will be just as excited.

I will be getting a brand new car with 600 miles each month to drive. I am super excited about it. I didn't think I would get the chance of driving a car again on my mission, but I am. Plus this is a brand new car. I think it only has around 40 miles on it. Whew!!! I don't think I will ever drive such a nice car again in my life. What blessings the Lord is giving me.

Katherine, when are you blessing your baby so I know when to get my stuff to the mission home for mom and dad. I AM SO HAPPY YOU HAD YOUR BABY. I think it is awesome!!! I love her name. I think it is awesome she has the same name as Amelia. How fun!

It has been cold down here in Arizona and I am loving every minute of it. You know it has also been raining as well. It's even better when your seat is made of fabric and never dries out then you walk around with a wet patootie. Let me tell you how much fun that is. :) It really isn't too bad. I prayed for rain and got it. I get to enjoy all that comes with it. It's great being a missionary. :)

This last week we had a lesson with Chris. He has special needs. He says the most awesome prayers. This week when he prayed about Sister Carlson, he said, "we are glad she finished her mission, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED." Best prayer ever. Oh my goodness, I love hearing people pray.

The Kumar family was very sad to see Sister Carlson go home. They were very excited to know that I would be staying. I am thankful I am staying too. I think they will be getting baptized in January sometime. The whole family wants to be baptized. They love everything they are learning.

Sister Carlson and I were asked to sing again in another ward that we cover. Everything went well. I am thankful for an opportunity to sing my testimony through music. Heavenly Father teaches me so much through the hymns. Probably the most revelation I receive is when I sing the hymns.

It has been super crazy and busy, I don't know where the time goes. I realized I need to slow down and take time to follow the spirit. Dad sent me a quote that has been a theme for my week. It says, "Not meaning to, we can block the light of the spirit simply because we are too busy, too weary, and too tired to feel it." Kris Belcher. This statement is all too true. I am amazed by it. I am learning to slow down and follow the spirit. Nothing matters more than following the spirit.

I will be skyping for Christmas. I don't know what time works for y'all. Let me know. I don't have any plans yet. But I am sure I will be at the visitor center Christmas night singing in a choir. It will definitely be before four. My mission president has also asked us to be obedient in keeping it to 40 minutes. So if you could help me do that on Christmas I would appreciate it. Besides I will be home sooner than you think. :)

I love you all. I miss you a lot. Thank you for doing the 12 days of Christmas. I don't need anything else. I treasure each testimony written for me. Every time I have read one I have felt the spirit and tears were brought to my eyes. Thank you for taking the time to write me. It has meant a great deal to me.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk


No comments:

Post a Comment