Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Thursday, December 13, 2012

Letter: 12/12/12 ~ Snowball Fight

Hi Everyone!

Oh my goodness! I am overwhelmed with love from everyone. It makes me want to cry. I have been so blessed with such a wonderful family. Mom I loved the package you sent me. So I brought it home; I hadn't told my companion what was in the package. So we knelt down like we usually do to say our prayer before planning. She finally knelt down and my hands were full of the snowballs and I chucked them all at her. She was so shocked. We burst into laughter and had a snowball fight. So every once in awhile I will pull out some snowballs while I am waiting for my companion and chuck them at her. It has provided quite a good laugh. So thanks mom. I won't be writing a letter this week because I haven't really had a p-day, next week I will send one. Things are so crazy busy this week that I barely had time to go grocery shopping. Plus, on Monday I wasn't feeling good. But I am doing great now.

My feet are tender at times. But since I received a priesthood blessing. I am doing well. In the blessing it said as long as I am diligent and obedient then the blessing will be mine. I have been working my hardest and giving everything I absolutely have to working hard. When I am not as diligent my feet start to hurt. I am now use to it and continue to work hard. I know the priesthood power is real and has blessed my life. How thankful I am that it has been restored to the earth. Sometimes it can be easy to think you have been working hard and deserve a break. When you are on the Lord's time there is no time for a break. Plus it is my only chance to serve the Lord like this. Like Elder Holland said Even if I have to come home on a stretcher I will. I have to make each moment count. It is so hard to be completely selfless every minute of every day. There is no time to think of yourself. If you do then you are miserable and life is no good. But I certainly have been blessed. My feet are doing good. There are other ways that I cope with the work. I pray like every thing depends on the Lord. I acknowledge my inadequacies and weaknesses and let the Lord know I can't do it without Him. Then He makes up for what I lack in.

I am also feeling the Lord's hand in strengthening me. I am so tired and absolutely exhausted but I am so happy. I am relying on the Lord more and more each day. I realize how weak I really am and cannot do His work without His help. I keep learning this over and over. I acknowledge to the Lord that I am weak and inadequate but with Him all things are possible.

My day goes like this:

Exercise for half hour. Get Ready for an hour. Study for two. Run around like a chicken with my head chopped off. That is hard to do when riding a bike. :) Run to all of our appointments head to the visitor center and stay there until ten thirty. Go home plan for and get ready for bed and then go to sleep. Then it all starts over. This is day after day. We are constantly stopping and talking to everyone we possibly can. We definitely don't talk to everyone but we try. Plus ride my bike around. I only know that it is God's power that is helping to sustain me. Otherwise I could not do what is asked of me. It's amazing what you can do with the Lord.

It's amazing how many miracles have been happening at the visitor center. Heavenly Father has taught me that it is a team effort in saving souls. No one person does missionary work alone. I love being able to serve at the visitor center. I am taught over and over how important it is that we invite people. If we are not inviting then how will people know. An invitation is the key to missionary work. I love helping the sisters do their part at the visitor center. We all have to work together as a team.

Also since I wasn't feeling good on Monday, my companion was so nice to do my laundry for me. But one of the shirts wasn't suppose to be dried. It shrunk the shirt. I only share this because I didn't get upset in the least bit. I was so pleased with myself. I couldn't believe I wasn't even bothered in the least bit. I can't believe myself sometimes. :) Neither would any of you. :) This feeling only has come from praying for Charity and thinking of others and less of myself. It is not easy. It definitely is an inward battle that has to be fought from day to day. Charity is a gift from God.

I am so thankful for everyone's emails. I will try to respond to them as fast as I can. Thank you for all the prayers that are said for me, my feet, and my people. :) I keep you all in my prayers.


Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment