Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Letter: 11/20/2012 ~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Everyone!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Man life is good and as a missionary its even better. Can I just say this past week has been full of tender mercies from the Lord?!

Tender mercies from this past week...


  • Our appointments held and we were able to teach people.
  • A sweet lady walked up to us today at Walmart and gave us 10 dollars.
  • We received chocolate chip cookies from a member.
  • A member family feds us each day.
  • Every time I go into Nielsen's Custard someone always pays for us.
  • I have an awesome companion that I can laugh and have fun with.
  • I get to see the Christmas lights every night.
  • The bread people stopped us this past week and gave us a loaf of bread. Now it's not just any bread. It is incredible. I love eating this bread.
  • The Lord blesses me with strength daily to ride my bike.
  • He gives me strength to be happy and excited even though I am tired.
  • Learning new things from the Book of Mormon.
  • Realizing that the riches and treasures of eternity are sharing the gospel with people.
  • Talking to people on the phone who are excited to learn more about the gospel.
  • Members who take time to give us rides.
  • Because of the gospel I have many answers to the questions the world does not know where to find or get. I am blessed to share it with them.


The list goes on and on. I have so much to be thankful for. I am sad to say that I am not always as thankful as I should be. But I can repent and be more grateful for how good the Lord is to me. Life is so much better when you are grateful.

The Lord is so good to His children. Sister Carlson and I had a busy day yesterday. We spent a lot of time on our bikes. We rode almost 20 miles yesterday. It was crazy busy. The way our appointments lined up we were at one end to the other and then back. I truly feel the influence of the Lord. I feel the influence of the spirit. No matter what your circumstances are and that you can feel the spirit, life is good. Feeling the spirit makes life so much better. I can feel the Lord is pleased with us and the work we are doing. We have been inviting many families to have a mission plan as to how they are going to help their loved ones come close to Jesus Christ. It has been good. 

 We have also been teaching our little India family. They are so cute. The family came to the visitor center this past week. The dad was so happy and loved being there. Within a matter of minutes he talked about how peaceful it was at the visitor center. He said, "It's like heaven being here." I have to agree with him, being at the visitor center is like being in heaven. It is the next best place next to the temple. I love that I have been blessed with the privilege of serving here. I don't know how I got to be so lucky. Except that the Lord brought me here and needed me. The little boy told us on Sunday he wants to be baptized. He is 10 years old. He takes his Book of Mormon to school and reads it. He knows that the Book of Mormon describes who Jesus Christ is. It is so cool how he knows that. Because it is true. The dad also said that God changed his mind and that he wants to be baptized too.

It's funny how many people ask me where I am from and then are disappointed to find out I am from Utah. The only cool thing I have going for me is that I have a crazy last name. When someone this past week asked me how to pronounce my last name, I told them they could also call me Sister K if they felt more comfortable with that. Then their response was oh like Special K. It reminded me of how Rob got that nic name on his mission. :) Or at least I thought he got that nic name on the mission.

On Christmas day the Sisters in our mission will get to sing in a concert for a few songs. I am so excited. I love singing Christmas songs. I love the chance we have to reflect on the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is incredible to be taught by the spirit about our Savior's life. It is wonderful.

Love and miss you. Take care.

-- Sister Kranendonk



No comments:

Post a Comment