Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Letter: 11/13/2012: Laughter In Awkward Moments :)

This is a picture of us at a Halloween Party.  Sister Carlson and I were teeny-boppers, having a sleepover for Halloween. We weren't able to buy anything, so we had to come up with it on our own.
This is a picture of me and Sister Carlson listening to a primary
class pass off one of the articles of faith to us.
Hey!

You know I have the best family ever. The emails I received today have uplifted me so much. I have needed a pick me up. NOTHING replaces hearing from my family. I miss you all a ton. But I love being where I am at. I am so thankful for each of you.

Molly I absolutely loved the pictures of dad's head being painted. Honestly there is that temptation to paint someone's head who has no hair. So tempting and when its in front of your face you can't pass it up at all. Crazy. I can still picture being under the sundeck with dad. I shared some stories with Sister Carlson about dad and we were laughing ourselves silly. They are just great stories to share.

Life is good. Yesterday two of my companions went home. Sister Parker who was my trainer and Sister Anderson my companion. It is crazy to say good bye to them. I will surely miss those sisters. They are so special to me. Has got me thinking and realizing that I do not have hardly any time left. I go home on the 18th and not on the 19th. My little card said the 19th but that is actually the transfer day so I go home the day before. So the 18th it is.

I am with Sister Carlson again this transfer. I am super excited to be her companion. We are trying to improve every day and hitting the ground running. There is no time left I feel and there are so many who are in need of the gospel. You just can't pass up the opportunities to share the gospel with those around you. There are reasons why we cross paths with the people that we do. Heavenly Father is more involved than we ever realize.

Sister Carlson and I spend a lot of time in ghetto apartments. There was one guy that we came across. He had tattoos and was smoking. We were inviting him to come to the Christmas lights. He said that he was mormon and that his parents were active. He said he didn't want to have anything to do with the church. So we kept on walking. Sister Carlson made the comment well here we were trying to be answer to his parents prayers and he denied it. Heavenly Father is trying to answer our prayers but sometimes we just don't take it. We think our prayers should be answered in a certain way and when it does not come in the way we think. We begin to believe God does not answer prayers and does not listen. When He is doing all that He can to answer our prayers. He is not going to go against our agency. It caused me to reflect and think about how I deny myself answers to my prayers. I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers in the way that is best for us.

As missionaries we catch people in such awkward moments. Where at the beginning of my mission, I absolutely hated those moments. But now I find laughter. I think it is so great. There was one guy who we were trying to contact and he wouldn't answer the door but yet we could see a faint reflection of him in the window. We knocked a second time and he asked who it was. We said, "It's the sister missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." He said okay. We told him why we were there and asked if we could talk to him in person. He said I'm not dress appropriately. We asked if we could come back later. He said yes. Oh man... these awkward moments happen too often sometimes. But it makes life as a missionary hilarious.

Our little family from India are doing so well. They fed us Indian food. Oh man was it spicy. Our mouths were on fire, noses were running, and eyes were tearing up. It was still good. We asked Saadil how he was doing in reading the Book of Mormon. He said it basically describes who Jesus Christ is. He is only ten and already knows so well the purpose of the Book of Mormon.

Love,

     Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment