Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Letter: 10/29/2012 ~ Listening to the Holy Ghost

Hi Everyone!

How are you? I hope you are doing well. Things are going wonderful in Arizona. I have loved being companions with Sister Carlson. We are always laughing together. Some people were asking if we had moved into the Superstition Villa apartments. We said no we just have a lot of people we are teaching there. So its kind of funny that they think we live there now. All of the people who we are teaching live there. Last night we were exploring a new apartment complex. We went to knock on this recent convert's door. She said hopefully we won't run into a no shirt incident. My companion totally called it. He answered the door without a shirt. Its funny how the spirit can warn you of such things. :) My companion and I were awkward and kept our eyes on each other for the most part. But its sunny and hot here in Arizona so of course you are going to run into guys without shirts. Sometimes I wish it was rule that we couldn't talk to guys without their shirts. Oh well no such rule.

Jackie is a woman we have been teaching. She is amazing and progressing so much in living the gospel. I am so thankful to be a part of her life. She is so happy. She has learned a lot. Her little girl Kayla knows how to throw a good tantrum. Jackie has started to pray with Kayla. It has been amazing to see how they spend so much time praying together and how it has mended their relationship. I know that prayer can strengthen relationships as you spend more time praying together. I love feeling the power of God in our lives.

I have had some awesome miracles at the visitor center this past week. Before I go into the visitor center, I pray that I will be prepared and ready to teach people there. I pray that prepared people will come into the visitor center. It makes a huge difference when you do. :)

One day I was at the back desk and there were a lot of people back there and I wasn't sure who I should talk to. I talked with this lady who was passing by. We ended up having the best conversation. She really needed someone to just listen to her. Her boyfriend fell and was killed a month ago. She is mourning his loss. She is not a member. He was but referred himself to being a jack mormon. Before he died she found out she was pregnant. She loves coming the visitor center because it reminds her of him. She loves the way that she feels when she is there. I felt she was prepared to receive the gospel. It was the neatest feeling. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ has all the answers she needs and is searching for right now in her life. Her three boys were there with her. I invited them to see a Mormon message called in His Sacred name. http://mormonchannel.org/video?v=1101417665001 After we watched it I asked them how they felt. The older boy said he felt a lot of peace when watching it. The middle boy said he knew that God sent me to show his mom this video. He said its like when you open up the bible directly to where your answer is. I know that God let me be an instrument in his hands. I loved being able to show them this. This little boy also asked if people served missions in our church because he wanted to. He also said before that he just found out that after he is baptized he can pass the bread. I have never met such an amazing little boy who has such great faith. I am extremely blessed to have helped them. I will continue to teach their family. I am going to invite them to meet with missionaries today.

We have also been teaching this guy named Harold. He is experiencing some stressful things right now in his life. He has to go to California. He said that as he was packing he had a thought to bring the mormon bible. He said no I won't but then realized something was telling him that he needed to take it. So he told us, "Don't worry I will be taking it with me." He keeps the Book of Mormon on top of his tv so he doesn't lose it and also to reminds him to read it every day. He has such hope. I know that the Book of Mormon is a book of deliverance. It is only through Christ that we can be delivered. It is through the power of the Atonement of Christ that such things happen.

Another thing that I have been pondering this past week is living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that if I am not living it, my life is not nearly as good as what it can be. The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives us the tools we need in order for us to become. But if we don't live it they don't do anything for us. It's not enough to just have it in our lives but we need to live it. We live it step by step, day by day.

I am learning lots of new things all the time. I am learning what it feels like to have deep felt heart gratitude, to have charity for others, the power of the Book of Mormon that comes when you start to feast upon the words. I am learning what kind of member I need to be when I go home. I know there are wars ahead for families and how we need to protect and safeguard our families. I see how real the power of the adversary is. He is smooth and sneaky in the way he tempts and distracts us from what really matters in life.

I love you! I miss you tons!

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment