Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, October 22, 2012

Letter: 10/22/2012 ~ Prayer

Hey Everyone!

How are you? I hope you all are awesome. It is crazy to me to see all the Halloween decorations up. I don't feel like it is time for the holidays. I feel like it should be spring. I am thankful the weather has cooled down so much. When I go out in the mornings to go jogging, I embrace the cool wind. It makes me miss the cold. I definitely have come to appreciate the cooler weather. The heat is definitely not my thing. I would rather shovel snow than have sweat dripping down me. Any way I love the cold.

I am striving the make my prayers more meaningful. So an idea that Sister Carlson and I have been doing is taking time after planning to be in separate rooms to pray out loud. It has made a difference and I spend a lot more time on my knees too because there is so much to pray for. Heavenly Father lives. I know He is there beside me. I feel Him so near as I pray out loud. I have also come to see how important it is to kneel when you pray. I have come to appreciate it more. Yes you get calluses on your knees the more time you spend on your knees. But your whole attitude changes as you pray. To kneel before our Maker is such a sacred privilege. I am so thankful He listens and answers our prayers. I trust in Him. I know He knows best.

Sister Carlson and I have met so many people. We are teaching Latashis, Tenishaw, Harold, and Kevona. They all have awesome personalities and they want to change and be better.

I am amazed to be in an area that is poorer and people have drugs in their life. I have spent more time in homes that smell like smoke than anything else. I feel for those who are addicted and can't let go of it. My heart aches for them. I know that through the Atonement, Jesus Christ has the power to heal them. He can fully restore them. As long as they have the faith, miracles can happen. I talked to a guy on the phone the other day and he didn't believe that miracles could happen in our day. My heart ached for him. Because miracles happen when we have faith. Just as they happened when Christ was on the earth they happen in our day too. Just like it is taught in the scriptures miracles cease when men and women cease to have faith.

I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have all the answers to my questions. God has given us everything we need in order to return to Him. I am thankful we aren't left in the dark. And because of feeling this way it helps me to have a stronger desire to share the gospel. How truly sad it is when people don't have the gospel in their lives. They are being denied so many blessings that they could enjoy now.

I love you all so much. I miss you like crazy.


Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment