Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Letter: 10/16/2012 ~ Sunny Arizona

Hello!

How are you? How is school? Work? Family? Everything? I am thankful to be on a mission. I absolutely love it. I love being on bike but it sure is crazy and takes a lot of energy. Heavenly Father is helping me to see what I am made of and what I am not made of. I am learning a lot. There is a huge learning curve that you never get off of. The longer you are on a mission the more inadequate you feel because you come to understand your calling better. I definitely feel it. Especially after general conference.

I am thankful for my companion Sister Carlson. She is wonderful. She cracks me up and we have a wonderful time together. It doesn't matter what we are doing or how our day went we still are able to have a good time together. We laugh about how similar we are. I definitely have learned a lot about myself from each of my companions.

We have been working with this guy named Matt. He is progressing in the gospel. He is coming back into activity. He loves reading the Book of Mormon. He has caught the fire of the spirit of the Book of Mormon. He has lots of questions. He spends time thinking about it and loves it. It is fun to see him grow and change and become the kind of person Heavenly Father wants him to be. We sing him primary songs which is pretty funny. He even offered to sing us a song. Maybe he can popcorn popping and do the actions for us. Ha ha:) He also came to church. He said that he felt good at church. I am glad he felt that way. I hope every single person who goes to church feels that way. They leave feeling that their needs were met, taught by the spirit and thankful they went. Going to church is such a blessing. We get so caught up in distractions or other things that we sometimes forget what going to church does for our souls. I love partaking of the sacrament. I love having the time to reflect on Jesus Christ. I love being able to renew my commitment in following Jesus Christ.

This past Sunday Sister Carlson and I were asked to teach a mission prep class. We gave an example lesson. As missionaries you do a lot of role playing. You do it so you can get out all of your mistakes so when the real thing happens you don't sound completely silly. You sound like you know exactly what you are talking about. It was an awesome experience. I felt the spirit while teaching them. I also had the chance to share my gratitude of coming on a mission.

I can't believe Heavenly Father let me serve a mission and help to take care of His children. He has blessed His missionaries with such a special responsibility in loving and caring for His children. I have learned how to create a family. I know what I want in a companion. I know what I want to teach my children in the future. I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without serving a mission. I know that I can have a happy marriage and family. But I am thankful to be the hands of the Lord here on earth to help His children. I am learning to get out of the way and allow the spirit to work and teach. I am nothing but a conduit for the light of Christ to radiate through me. I am here to glorify God and Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do with me. Even though I am greatly blessed for it. I also loved telling the prospective missionaries how the Lord would take better care of their families while on a mission than if they stayed at home to take care of their families on their own.

I love you all so much. Thank you for the letters, love, and support. I wouldn't be doing as well as I am. I know you have confidence in me.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment