Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, October 8, 2012

Letter: 10/08/2012 ~ Biking Missionary

Sister Mackenzie and Sister Knight and Sister Kranendonk
She was one of the young women's president's that we worked with.
She is an incredible woman. I love her so much. 
Hello Everyone!

Oh my goodness! I have been on a spiritual high all weekend. I have felt the spirit so strong. I was overwhelmed with excitement and happiness. I know the changes that the Lord is making are there to hasten His work. I know the Lord is always doing top of the line and the best of the best kind of work. I know His work is changing. He knows exactly what He is doing. He is interested in the lives of His children. What do you all think of the change in ages for missionaries? Chloe what do you think about it?

I learned so much this weekend. I have been studying and making new goals so as to not let conference be for nothing. I love that one of the major themes of conference is conversion. Conversion is action. It is living what you know. It is absolutely crucial that we are converted. It makes all the difference. I feel I was also taught a lot about my purpose as a missionary. I felt like everything had to do with missionary work. But I love how conference is that personal for everyone. The spirit works in mysterious ways. I am so thankful for it. I want to change and make a difference. I know that my very nature needs to be changed. I am constantly learning about how my life will be forever different after having served a mission. I have made that commitment to change my life. I can't go back to the old me. That doesn't mean I can't laugh or have fun but its just a different way of living.

I love being on bikes. It is a ton of fun. Although my patootie is a little tender. Not use to sitting on a bike seat. But it's all good. I definitely feel like a missionary. :) I love getting out and talking to people. My legs have grease on them from the bike. Members honk at us all the time. I had a dog chase after me on a bike last night. The dog was so small so there was nothing to worry about. It made me laugh. There was one night I tried to pass up Sister Carlson, only to tell her to eat my dirt. Chloe and Amelia do you remember those days. We go about seven miles a day on our bike.

Sister Carlson and I had a lesson with a guy named Matt last night. He is 28 years old. He is trying to come back to church. We help to remind him of what he remembers from church. We ended up singing a primary song to him. Which he absolutely loved. There is power in the primary songs. There was another guy who stopped to talk to us. He told us how nice we looked and that we had nice smiles. He has had some real struggles in His life but his mentor is Bishop Hatch. He is so thankful for him. We asked if we could come teach him and help him. He said yes. I feel he is being prepared to receive the gospel.

I feel the presence of the Holy Ghost and the influence so much more in my life. My life is so good. I love it even more when I can feel the spirit. But that is not to say that everything is absolutely perfect for me. I just know that I am doing the right thing and headed in the right direction.

I absolutely love my companion. She is one of my favorites. We get a long so well. We want to give our all to the Lord. We don't want to go home with any regrets. We are trying to change and be better. We are striving to be more fervent and sincere in our prayers and seeking the guidance of the spirit.

I know Christ lives. I know the Lord is hastening the work. I know in whom we trust. I know God knows exactly what He is doing in calling 19 year olds and 18 year olds. It is incredible. I know Thomas S. Monson is God's authorized servant on the earth. He speaks for our eternal gain.

I love you all! Take care. :)

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment