Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, September 3, 2012

Letter: 9/3/2012 ~ Sheep Smile

Sister Anderson and I with Bishop Kindt and his wife.
They are my most favorite people.  I love working with them.
Sister Mackenzie and I doing the sheep smile.
 Michelle and I



Hey Everyone!

How is every one? I hope you are all doing well. I am sure you are busy. I am bummed out to not have heard from any one for awhile. I got a letter from Rob last week. I am feeling kind of neglected. But I do understand that life happens and things come up. Right now I am struggling. I am not going to go into it but I just need your prayers. So if you will continue to remember me in your prayers I would appreciate it. I am feeling a little burned out.

Things are going great. Sister Mackenzie is my new companion. We love to laugh and have a good time. I love to teach Sister Mackenzie new words in English. Sister Parker her last companion taught her patootie meaning bum. I can't spell it. So then I taught her fart. She didn't know what that word meant. It was so funny to teach her these words. She taught me how to say fart in Swahali. So we laugh about that quite a bit. Oh and I also taught her the sheep smile. We laughed quite a bit over that one.

We have been teaching lots of lessons lately which is nice. Days as missionary can seem even longer when you aren't teaching. It is much better when you are teaching people. We are happiest when we are sharing the gospel.

I ran into Michelle Ratliff when I was at the visitor center. It was so much fun to see her. I recognized her husband and then I saw her. It was fun to chat with her.

Cheryl has such an awesome testimony. I feel like its a formality for her to be taught by us. You can tell she is super prepared for the gospel because it is familiar to her. She seems to know it all. She shared her testimony with us the other night after we watched the Testaments with her. She decided on her own to quit smoking and drinking coffee. Cheryl is amazing. I am so thankful to be a part of teaching her. It is so cool.

A lesson that Heavenly Father continues to teach me is how to love like the Savior. A scripture I came across taught me a principle about how to keep love in my heart. "Love endureth by diligence unto prayer." Moroni 8:26. I know that when I am struggling to love someone I need to pray constantly. I am being taught to put aside my selfish desires. At times I don't have to always be right. It is better to seek for peace.

Sorry there isn't much in this email. I love you all. Take care. I hope to hear from you soon.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment