Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, September 24, 2012

Letter: 9/24/2012 ~ Trust

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I hope Katherine, Rob, and Chloe have nice birthdays. I am so thankful to hear from you. It is so nice. I love to hear from family and friends. I always have support. I know can count on all of you. I wish I could have been there for the shower. It would be fun just to sit to talk, laugh and enjoy one another's company. But before you know it, that will be happening. I only have four transfers left. Time is going by so quickly. I am amazed how fast it is going. I feel I should be changing as fast as the time is going by. But if Heavenly Father really wanted me to change that quickly, He would provide a way for that to happen. I am so thankful that the experiences we go through life teach us to Trust in Him more. I feel like all of us are constantly learning that lesson. I am truly thankful for it.

Saturday was a crazy day. We had Elder Bednar come and speak to us. He spent three hours with the missionaries, four hours with the bishops and stake presidents and two hours with the young single adults. I am amazed by how he truly is an instrument for the Lord. He is wasting and wearing out his life in strengthening everyone. Each session he had was a discussion. He spent all of the time answering questions about our concerns. He was trying to teach us how to follow spirit. Truly the spirit is the teacher and source of all truth. We can only truly learn for ourselves from the spirit. I must be determined to act when I pray and get up and do what I know I need to do. Too often we don't live all of what we know.

Cheryl's baptism was beautiful. I love her so much. I am so thankful for her. She truly has been changed by the spirit. Only the spirit could help her overcome her challenges and let go of the things of this world. She has been prepared to receive Heavenly Father's gospel. She had tears in her eyes. She looked beautiful. It was wonderful to be there.

Lyman is getting baptized this coming weekend. He has truly felt the spirit too. He knows this is what he wants. He wants to leave behind his old life and start anew. He always says the best prayers. I have been blessed to know him and be a part of his life.

Transfers are coming next week. Saturday I will find out what happens. I most likely will stay where I am.

I love you all. I miss you all like crazy.

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment