Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Letter : 8/7/2012 ~ I know in whom I trust

Hey family,

How is everyone? I hope you are all doing well. I miss you all so much. You mean everything to me. It amazes how that love grows each and every day for you all. As I hear about the hard challenges everyone is going through it makes my heart ache. But I know in God in whom I trust. I know more than anything Heavenly Father is taking care of my family. I wish I was able to be there more for you all. It is hard not to be. At times I feel selfish because I am not giving my family enough attention, but I have to remind myself I am on a mission serving Heavenly Father and this is where I need to be. This causes me to put even more trust in Heavenly Father knowing that He will take care of my family. I am learning more to trust in the Lord every day. I just know that is all I can do in my life at this point. :) But I do love and appreciate you all and what a supportive family you are.

This past week at the visitor center, Sister Anderson told me that I needed to go talk to this guy and his daughter who were sitting on the couch in the front area. I went over and said hello to him. I asked him how he was. He asked me do you really want to know. I said sure if you want to tell me I am here to listen. So he proceeded to tell me that the previous day his mom had passed away. She had pneumonia. Then that night his wife told him that she fasted and prayed and felt that they should not be married any more and served him divorce papers the next day. Then that day there was a mix up on his account and all his employees checks bounced, 80,000 dollars worth. He had tears in his eyes. I am amazed he had the strength to hold them back. I asked his daughter how she was. She was okay, she had a half a smile on her face. My heart went out to them. It ached for them. The amazing thing is that this man continues to put his trust in God. He knows that things will be okay. He plans on finding another woman to marry and have more children. He knows that the only way to get through it all is to rely on Christ.

Just like in Helaman 5:12 when we are built on the rock of Jesus Christ we will never fall. I know this to be true. We must be built on that firm foundation, if not we will fall. I see it so much in so many lives. I took them to see God's Plan For His Family. By the way if you haven't seen it, it's must. Go to the nearest visitor center and watch it. But as I took them through my heart went out to them. I didn't know what God wanted me to tell them. But in the last moment I felt the spirit so strong and I knew that I needed to testify of the Love of God. He needed to be reassured that God loves him. I know that God is so aware of his children. "Be Still My Soul" has always been a favorite hymn of mine. The longer I am on the mission the more I love this song and find great comfort in it.

"Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end."

I know these words are true. I love them so much. I hum this song every time my heart hurts. Every time I don't feel at peace. I just trust that God will provide and order my life the way it needs to be. I know in whom I trust.

I love you all so much. Take care.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

Have I mentioned how much I love to eat pzookies?
Cookies with ice cream!  It is my favorite!  Time to relax.



Every body wants kung fu fighting :) Sister Anderson and I are playing in clothes that an old lady gave us. I don't know why I am wearing that awful purple dress. I look like a little school girl except I out grew my dress. :) 




More ugly clothes... I think I need more bling. :) 


We love to dance to show tunes . . . at IHOP.
We have to relax some how . . . 
I am tackling my companion in the bounce house. 


So we live with members have chickens. They call us their girls along with their chickens. Sister Anderson and I don't know how we feel about being grouped with Chickens. One died awhile back under our watch. Needless to say the family tradition of trying to keep animals alive still lives on in our family. I can't keep chickens alive either. Clyde and Jayme who I live with ask us to chicken watch. The chicken we are holding flops over dead when you hold it. It is still a live. This morning Sister Anderson got a shovel and scooped a dead rat out of the pool. We have all sorts of adventures this past week. It is never boring as a missionary. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment