Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Letter: 8/13/2012 ~ Bird Killer

Hello Everyone,

How is everyone? Another week has come and gone. I can't believe how the time flies. I only have five transfers until I come home. Absolutely crazy. :)

We had mission tour today. Meaning we had a general authority come visit. Elder Aidukaitis came to speak to us today. http://www.lds.org/church/leader/marcos-a-aidukaitis This link is a picture of him and a little about him. He was so awesome to listen to speak. It truly was a special privilege to hear him speak. He truly is a man of God. I am so thankful we had him come visit. He was so friendly, loving, funny and kind. And he so lovingly, invited us to repent. It was like a personal interview with him. We all saw areas in which we needed to improve on. I thought man what have I been doing all my mission. I am thankful for the atonement because I can repent and change today and make the rest of my mission and life better because of it. We talked a lot about setting goals. He said we must set goals. He also said that zero is not a goal. If our numbers are zero than what are we working towards? He said that our goals must be backed up with a plan. A goal without a plan is only a dream. He said don't leave fulfilling your potential only to chance. Take control and do something about it now.

I also learned that Heavenly Father must be involved in absolutely everything. I need to be more prayerful than what I am. I must go to Him with my questions. He also shared with us the scripture Ether 12:6 in helping us to catch a vision and not just any but the Lord's. He asked us have we seen what we hope for? The things that I hope to happen can. Miracles will come to us. Don't complain if they don't come on your time table. Realize that a trial of your faith has to be paid first in order to get a miracle. Miracles require our faith. It is only through faith that the Lord works. I must show my faith by doing. I know that God grants according to our desires. I loved being able to hear him speak. It was absolutely wonderful.

We are teaching this girl named Sadee. She is super cute. She is 19. We asked her how she felt about everything she was learning and she said, "I'm a fan." She absolutely loves going to church. She started to read the Book of Mormon this past week. She said she didn't read it every day but read 30 pages. She said she could tell a difference in her day when she had read and when she hadn't. She found that she was more patient with her siblings as she babysat them. It was awesome to see her talk about it. She was glowing in the second lesson. I am super excited to keep teaching her in being able to see her progress and how she will radiate the light of Christ.

I also have to say that missions change a person in more ways than one and more ways than just spiritual too. Mom, you aren't going to believe this.... but guess what? I have eaten potatoe salad like four times on my mission. It's not as bad as what I use to think but I don't know if it is my absolute favorite. I know I can't believe this either. I also have come to like eating yogurt. I have never been a fan of yogurt. But I eat it with granola in the mornings. There are a few other foods that I use to not like but do now. I can't think of them off the top of my head but my appetite is changing. And I am not as skinny any more. Here everybody at home is loosing weight and out here I am gaining it. :) Ha ha granted I have only gained seven pounds. It makes my skirts a little tighter. ha ha ha :)

I love you all so much. I hope you have a great week. :) Take care. Miss you like crazy.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

Sister Livingston is awesome. I love her and her husband so much. They have helped me so much. They are like family. I always kept asking Sister Livingston when could I push her around in a wheel chair she said when I have hip surgery you can. I always said no how about today. She continually said no. So finally one day I just grabbed the wheel chair and said Sister Livingston no one is here get in. So she finally gave in and let me push her around the visitor center. Let me say it made my day. It was a lot of fun. She is my favorite.

And then there were two. . . 
Hi I am Emily. I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I am a missionary. I love to dance. I am a bird killer and I am a mormon. This is my new mormon.org profile. So since I have been living at the Bawden's house, I have seen four dead animals. Two of which are hens in which I was suppose to be taking care of. But really the heat killed them. Needless to say don't ask me to chicken watch:)


So I don't know if any of you heard about the Meda wedding that happened here in Mesa where five siblings were all married on the same day. The Waldie family is in our ward. Sister Anderson and I did some service for them by helping out with the reception. It was defnitely MEGA. So much went into it. I can't believe. I think Good Morning America was here for it. So you'll have to watch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment