Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, July 9, 2012

Letter: 7/9/2012 ~ 9th Month Mark

Citrus Heights District end of transfer picture.
Sister Orton and Sister Kranendonk at Zone activity

Dear Family,

How is life? How is work? I love to see the blogs. I can't believe how much those little babies are growing and changing. Layla is a beautiful little baby. Jacob is so cute. I loved the pictures Elizabeth sent me. Thank you for the letters I received this past week. It was awesome. My companion is a little jealous. I got so many this past week. I heard from lots of friends this past week.

Transfers are coming this week. But Sister Anderson and I are staying together in the same area. The only thing that will change is that we could end with four wards instead of two. So we will find out.

This past 4th of July was fun. It was cloudy and rained. It was actually nice but it was humid. I spent the morning in the visitor center and not a lot of people came inside. Then we did service for a member in the Salt River ward. They are an awesome family.

There is a guy named Ed who I have been teaching at the visitor center. He is in his 50's. He is so awesome. I have loved teaching him over the phone. He came into meet with Sister Anderson and I. We are addressing his concerns. He already lives his life like he was a mormon. He doesn't drink or smoke. He doesn't agree with it. He is on his third time reading the Book of Mormon. He is so nice. I am so thankful for the privilege I have of teaching him. I am pretty sure he will get baptized. He knows that is the end goal.

Sister Anderson and I have been doing a lot of service lately for people. We try to serve as much as we can. One night we went out to clean up this less active family's yard and it was cool because there were two neighbors who let us borrow their shovel and garbage bin to help clean up. It was a good opportunity.

Sister Anderson and I have been better about setting goals together as a companionship. It has been very good for us. Last transfer our goals were to have prayers of faith, exact obedience and focus our thoughts and conversations more on the Savior. It has been good. We have made some progress. This transfer we are going to focus more on the needs of other people. We want to be more selfless, make sure our study time is used to seek revelation for those who are we are helping. We want to work on better receiving revelation. I need to work on being more selfless. So those are our goals for this transfer. It will be super good. I am excited for it.

I can't believe I have hit my 9th month mark. I am on my down hill slope now. It is crazy. I am thankful I have so much time left because I have a lot of changing and learning to do before I can come home. But I do look forward to the day when I can hug each one of you. I love you all so much. I am thankful for my awesome family. Remember how much I love each of you. You mean a lot to me.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment