Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Letter: 7/31/2012 ~ Inviting People to Come Unto Christ

Sister Andersen & Sister Kranendonk
Dear Family,

Hello... how is every one doing? I hope you are all doing wonderful. I can't believe July has come and is gone. Time is going by way too quickly. This past week has been pretty good.

I met the most prepared and amazing woman this past week. A member came in and referred her. I called her a few times and couldn't get a hold of her. But then we were able to talk on the phone. I invited her to come to the visitor center. We had a wonderful visit. She talked about the many trials that she has faced in her life. She said the man she almost married brought a lot of negativity into her life and turned her to drinking to cope with everything. She realizes this is not good and this is not where she wants to be. She also made an interesting comment that maybe if her faith in the Catholic church was strong enough then maybe she wouldn't have fallen so hard. She said I am starting over. I am willing to open myself up more for something new. As I talked with her I felt the spirit testify to me again and again how prepared she is to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. She talked about how she felt God preparing her. Her heart was softened towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is meeting with the missionaries in her area and I will continue to teach her over the phone. Myra Angle is an amazing woman.

I also talked to another woman on the phone. She is not a member of the church. She lives in California. She was talking to me about how Jesus Christ is her constant companion. She asked if I knew if Jesus Christ knew me before I came to earth and knew me by name. I said yes that is true. We believe in that. :) She said Really? You do? I said yes we do. So we set up another time to talk about the Plan of Salvation. She is super excited about it. I loved being able to testify to her about how we lived with God before we came to earth. It was such a special moment for me. There is great power when bearing testimony. I love to share my testimony with other people. There is nothing that can tear that down for me except myself and I allow other things to do so. But I am not. Even when I have negative experiences with people and they don't believe what I have said I know in my heart that what I have said is true. Those experiences were for me and me alone. Heavenly Father is strengthening my testimony daily.

I want to invite you all to pray for missionary opportunities. It doesn't have to be handing out a Book of Mormon. There are lots of ways of inviting people to come unto Christ. I want to hear all about it.

I love you tons. I miss you lots.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment