Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Letter: 7/24/2012 ~ Creepy & Awkward

Hello...

How is life? How was the baseball game? I heard it was a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there but its all good. I am thankful to be a missionary. There will be many more years to come that I will be able to go. So don't worry about me being homesick. :) I love hearing what is going on and what everyone is doing.

So sometimes as a missionary you end up doing things that are creepy and awkward. At times you begin to wonder if you are stalking people. That definitely is not my purpose and nor do I try to be creepy or awkward. It just happens. There was one time this past week my companion and I were sitting in our car making phone calls. We were parked in front of someone's house. So a woman came out and walked over to us. I thought, "oh man what now?". I rolled down my window and she asked may I help you with something. I said no we are fine we are just making phone calls. She said her husband noticed us and sent her. I thought, "I don't understand why you're husband just sent you out and not himself". Oh well... we left and parked somewhere else to finish our phone calls.

One of my goals this month is to work on seeking and receiving revelation. I want to master that skill. I have been striving to follow promptings and be more in tune with the spirit. Some thoughts came to me this past week. I realized that I miss promptings when I am not focused on what I need to be focused on. Or when I am selfish I miss out receiving promptings to help someone else, because I am too busy thinking about myself. As I am more focused on the Savior and the people I am helping I am prepared to help people. I also love how when I am reading the scriptures thoughts of inspiration come to me even though they may have nothing to do with what I am reading but I know its the spirit. Sister Anderson and I facilitated a discussion at our Zone training meeting. We talked about being a successful missionary. One of the ways we can know and feel that we are successful is feeling the influence of the spirit. I feel that can be applied to so many different aspects in our lives. When we feel the spirit we know that what we are doing is what we should be doing.

I love you all tons. Hope you all are great.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment