Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Letter: 7/2/2012 ~ I'm in love with a clown!

Dear Family,

So the reason why there was no email last week was because it was saved as a draft and some how I forgot to send it. You will get two emails from me this week. How has this week been for everyone? Sounds like good things are happening all around.

Heavenly Father is truly mindful of His missionaries. I know that He strengthens us to withstand the heat. It's funny how I think that a cool day is 105. But we always pray that we will be fixed on our purpose. I just get use to feeling the sweat roll down my back. :) It's great.

We have been meeting with a lot of members to do lessons. We haven't been doing a whole lot of teaching which makes missionary work not a lot of fun. Missionary work is better when you are teaching. It has been good. This way we help to strengthen the faith of the members and help them to be excited about missionary work. It helps me to be excited.

We met with this guy last week who is a member of one of the wards I cover. His daughter-in-law is not a member of the church. They are members of the Unification church. They have completely different beliefs. They are focused on families which is awesome. But they believe Christ failed and that His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane was Him repenting for not having enough people follow Him. I was blown away with the things he was saying. For I truly do know that Christ did not fail. His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane was for each of us individually. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer. He suffered so we could have peace and comfort in this world. He also talked about how Jesus talked to him and said that his purpose was not to come to earth to suffer for us but to show us the perfect example of marriage and how to have family. Yes, Jesus Christ's teachings are to show us the way to build our families and to have happiness. But I just can't believe they think He failed. I know that He did not fail in any way. I am thankful that this experience helped to strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. I know that we have a fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know we have the truth. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.

So the one night Sister Anderson and I were out on Caballero street which is a drug street so to say. I saw a lot of garbage cans spilled over. I suggested the idea that we go pick up the garbage cans. Sister Anderson thought I was kidding but I wasn't. :) I think you all remember my crazy ideas like that. Like the time I said maybe we have to get in a car accident to share the gospel with someone on our way back from Vernal. We were running around in our skirts picking up the cans. Towards the end of the street we met a man who was very interesting. He was super nice. He has met with the missionaries a lot in the past. He told us that he wasn't ready to be a mormon yet because he liked having three girlfriends. But he thinks we are nice and do a lot of good things. We won't be going back to teach him needless to say. :) He'll come around one day.

I love you tons. I am so thankful for all of you. I miss you tons. Thanks for everything. I loved getting the package with my clothes and my debit card. The gummy bears weren't too melted when I got them. They were great.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk


P.S.

These pictures were taken at a dinner with the Sandall family. We had way too much fun. We were laughing and having a good time. :)

Me and Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment