Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Letter: 7/2/2012 ~ Happy Father's Day!

Dear Family,

How is everyone doing? I hope you had a great Father's day weekend. Happy Father's day to Dad, Eric, Phil, Rob, and Brian. How fun to have so many dads in our family. We are truly blessed to have worthy men who hold the priesthood and bless our families. I am thankful we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves us and desires to bless us.

This week has been good. It is getting warmer and warmer every day. I am thankful Heavenly Father helps me so that the heat doesn't bother me. That is one prayer I ask daily. :) It simply teaches me how to trust in God. I was studying in Jesus the Christ. It said that the way we are to pray is what we stand in need of on that day. We don't pray for everything we need all at once. But when we pray for what we need that day it shows us that God is the source of all of our wonderful blessings and it reminds us to be humble. President Ellsworth said that if we only learn one thing on our mission, he hopes that it is that we learn to trust in God. The greater the trust the greater the Lord can help us. We tie His hands when we say things are impossible. But nothing is impossible for God. :)

Every day we are praying for miracles. We are to expect and facilitate miracles as servants of the Lord. Every time someone lets us talk with, pray with and teach them is a miracle. It truly shows me the work of the Lord and how grateful I am for Him. This is truly His work. Even if all He asks is for me to push against a rock then I will. And sometimes that is all that He asks is for me to push against a rock.

 There is a painting by Liz Lemon Swindel of Mary and baby Jesus. I love looking at it at the visitor center. But there is a scripture that goes along with it that Mary's attitude was Be It Unto Me. She trusted in the Lord and look what He made of her. She was the Mother of the Savior of the world. She was clean, pure, and chaste before the Lord. I pray that my attitude is like that. I want to be more submissive to the will of the Lord. I want to be and not seem to be. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you of what I think about during the week.

Sister Anderson and I laugh a lot. We are usually doing silly things but still try to remain dignified in public. :) It is pretty funny. I am sure people think who are those weird girls dressed in skirts with black name tags, walking around in this crazy heat, laughing. It helps us to get through the day.

I love to see people feel the spirit and experience the power of the Atonement in their lives when they are in the visitor center. It truly is amazing. There was a woman who walked into the visitor center this past week and she said that as soon as she stepped in the visitor center she was overwhelmed with feeling the spirit. She knew it was good and wanted it. She knew that it was the feeling that she was searching for and wanting in her life.

Love you all!

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment