Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Letter: 6/5/2012 ~ New Area

Elder LaRocco, Elder Harper, Elder Reed, Elder Scott, Brother Maxwell, Me and Sister Avila
This is in front of Chili's with my district.  Brother Maxwell always takes us out to lunch.
He is super kind and generous and loves missionaries.
My new roommates:  Sister Orton and Sister Marrott.
These are great sisters.  Sister Orton says hi to Molly and Amelia.
This is my new place.  We live in the guest house of Clyde Bawden.
He is the piano player for Alex Boye and does a lot of his own music.
Me and Sister Avila in front of the mission home.

Dear Family,

How is everyone? You all are in my prayers. I know Heavenly Father is watching over you ever so closely. I know that He loves you all with a perfect love. I know that is true. I am so thankful for each of you. For some reason I have been a little home sick lately but not too bad. So nothing to worry about. I just miss my awesome family. :) I am glad that you are having experiences where you feel that the family is drawing closer together. I know that is what truly matters in this life is family and strengthening those relationships. I am glad to hear that Brianna is doing good so far. I know that Heavenly Father is ever mindful of us. I hope all is well for each one of you. I am thankful for the letters. Thank you Amelia and Rob. I am grateful for the emails I receive.

My area is great. It is weird to be in an area where I don't really know any one. But I am working hard to meet new people. It is amazing how the Lord teaches us to love and how much love we really can have for everyone. I always pray that my heart is filled with more love for everyone around me. Sister Anderson and I are working hard. We are trying to make sure this is the best transfer ever. We are always stopping our car to talk to people. Especially in the heat of the day. As long as I keep telling myself I love the heat and I love to sweat then I am okay. :) But it is worth it because of how desperately people need this message. There is no time to waste when it comes to matters of eternity. I am always praying for more faith and courage to do what I know I need to in my heart. I still struggle in approaching people. It is a battle every time. But I know that what I have is so important and precious and their soul needs it whether they recognize it or not.

Also I continue to strengthen and increase my faith in Jesus Christ. I want the way that I act and talk to be more full of faith. I know this will make a difference. I have also set goals to be more obedient and focused on the Savior. I want to be so much like my Savior, Jesus Christ. If I want anything in this life it would be that. I know that it is a life journey pursuit and every decision and action matters. I know that it is by one decision and action at a time that I become more like him.

Sister Anderson is wonderful. We have a good time together. We are able to teach together and follow the influence of the spirit. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach with her. It is awesome. She has a confident testimony. She is always praying about the little things. She always asks for things she wants and needs and acknowledges that if she doesn't get it that is okay because she understands the Lord's will.

I am a part of the visitor center choir. So once a month we sing at the mission presiden fireside. It has been a lot of fun. Sister Anderson and I might sing a duet together sometime. We'll see how that works out. I will have to practice a lot before that happens.

Remember how much I love and appreciate all of you. I miss you like crazy. But I am happy where I am at. God loves you a lot.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment