Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, May 7, 2012

Letter: 5/7/2012 ~ Missionary Work

Hello Family!

I just got done looking at Molly's blog. It is crazy to see changes in everybody and at the house. But it is also good to see some things are still the same. It looks like you all are having fun.

Life is wonderful here in Arizona. I absolutely love my companion Sister Avila. She definitely helps to make me a better person. We have a lot of fun together. I am truly blessed. We are working hard every day. I am thankful for all the things that I am learning.

So usually I am at church for seven hours. Yesterday Sister Avila and I went from one meeting to the next. We started at seven in the morning and got done at four. Since we were fasting there were no lunch breaks which meant more meetings. I am sure some of you can relate. But yesterday was awesome. I absolutely loved it. I was spiritually fed all day.

I am so thankful to have learned so many wonderful things. I was trying so hard to be taught by the spirit in spite of how good or not so good the teacher is. I truly have a testimony that if we ourselves are open to the spirit any and every church meeting can teach us something. I have learned that when I am open to the whisperings of the spirit then they don't pass me by. It is worth turning down the music and focusing on how the Lord would have us help his children. I want to invite all of you to pray for promptings of the spirit to do missionary work. It is easily done because we can do it through talking about what we love about the church. There are things people talk about all the time and we can share something with them from the gospel that can relate. I promise you if you want missionary experiences you will have them.

There is much work to be done here on the earth. The Lord has called us to share the gospel. President Ellsworth has invited us to pray that our feelings of urgency be increased. Which is true when you think about the eternal scheme of things what really matters is all the good we have done and the chances we take to share the gospel. I know it is not easy but the Lord won't leave us to do it all on our own. We aren't meant too.

I have to get going but I will write a letter later. I am thankful for all of you. I love you tons. I can't wait to talk on Mother's day.

Love ya,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment