Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Friday, May 25, 2012

Letter: 5/21/2012 ~ Trials

How is everyone?

I keep hearing of all these crazy things happening in our family. Boy, life sure isn't without the trials. I can't believe it all. When I hear about these things it causes we to trust in the Lord more and to turn to him more in prayer. Life is fragile and needs to be handled with prayer. Prayer is the protection we all need. I have been learning about how important it is to have faith in Jesus Christ. When people have a lot of questions and worry a lot, I find that their faith in Christ is what needs to be strengthened. Because when we have faith in Christ we don't worry as much. We find the answers we need and can take comfort in whatever happens. Because of what Christ did for us, he makes all things possible. He is the only way we can reach our Father in Heaven.

There is great power in the Atonement. It is the very power in which our hearts can be healed and comforted. When I find my faith is weak, I know I need to draw closer to Christ and not to pull away from Him. When we pull away we lose sight of what really matters and that everything will be okay in the end. There have been quite a few times that my faith has been weak and I needed help this past transfer. So I would try to find a scripture that would help me to recommit myself to Heavenly Father and be more faithful. I try to find one verse on Faith to read every day. Then this way I know in whom I trust. Amidst weakness and trials I can still be loved and still move forward and know that things will be okay. I know Christ lives. He is the strength in which I can do ALL things. We can't forget how much we have been blessed with and that the Lord is incharge.

Some of my favorite faith scriptures are Alma 44: 3-4 and Ether 12:4. We don't have to let our faith wither away. It can be strong and rock solid. That comes through constant reliance on the Lord through prayer and scripture study.

Love you so much. Sorry I ran out of time. I will write a letter though. I love you all so much. I know that things will be okay no matter circumstances any of us are in. Take care.


Sister Emily Kranendonk

P.S. remember to get on mormon.org and do your profile and send me the link. I can't wait to see them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment