Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, May 14, 2012

Letter: 5/14/2012 ~ Mother's Day Phone Call Home

Hi!

It was so wonderful to talk to most of you yesterday. Too bad not everyone could me there. But I did enjoy it. I loved seeing all of you. It was fun to see how much is still the same and how much is not the same. It is crazy that is for sure. Sometimes life doesn't seem real. I can't believe that there is a new nephew and niece. But it was so much fun. Thank you for traveling to Vernal and helping out. Phil, I appreciate how you helped to make it possible. Thank you Elizabeth and Eric for always letting all of us come and stay with you. I look forward to those days but in the mean time I will enjoy my mission. It is going by so quickly. I can't believe it. It is fun to hear how things are going for everyone.

I had a blast teaching primary yesterday. I can't wait to have a calling in primary someday. Singing those songs are so fun. Music is so powerful. I love how the hymns in the church teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. It teaches so powerfully the plan of salvation and the restoration and all the doctrines. As I learn more about the power of the hymns, it makes me want to make sure that my home is filled with good music. I can see how dad has so much fun in primary with those kids.

A new tool that we are trying to use as missionaries is prayer. It may not sound all that new. But when we approach people that are not members of the church we ask if we can pray with them in their home. I have seen how prayer softens those hearts. I think it will serve to help us to find more people to teach. Prayer is the beginning of a miracle. Miracles only come according to our faith and the will of God. I know Heavenly Father wants us to be happy.

I am learning to be more bold and how much better it is to be bold. People need to know what my purpose is because then they can truly know that we represent Jesus Christ. I have learned that boldness and overbearance are different things. Boldness has love behind it. We say and do things because we remember the eternal picture of what really matters. Overbearance does not have good intentions. I continue to learn the value of love and kindness. Those two things are what softens stubborn and hard hearts. I know that as I am more obedient to the will of God my love for others grows. I want my heart to be big and full of love for everyone. I want to have a greater capacity to love people. I love coming to know the love of Christ and of our Father in Heaven.

I love you all. Thanks for making me so happy yesterday. I was just beaming when I was done. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. Take care!

Love,
Sister Kranendonk


P.S.

My companion wants me to tell you all hi and that she appreciates what a good family I have. She also said that you have a great sister and daughter. But I know I am that way because of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment