Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Letter: 5/28/2012 ~ TRANSFER NEWS!

Howdy!

Guess what? I am finally be transferred after 7 months or 5 transfers. Crazy! I can't believe it, this will be good though. So don't send any more mail to the Echo Canyon address because I won't be there after Wednesday. My companion Sister Avila will be there still. I am moving from one big house to another big house. It is crazy how big the one is that I am moving to. I definitely have been spoiled. People are so good to us. I am thankful for how kind the members are to us.

My new address is 2625 N. Val Vista Dr. Mesa, Arizona 85213 or you can send mail and packages to the Visitor center 525 East Main Street Mesa, AZ 85203. I am back in the Visitor Center every day now. My new companion is Sister Anderson from Filmore, Utah. She is a cute blonde and taller than me. She loves to talk about the gospel and ...boys. :) Ha ha :) We'll try to stay as focused as we can. She is awesome. I have become good friends with her throughout my mission. She has told me for awhile now that she has been praying to be my companion. She said one day I'll get you. I want to be your companion. It is so nice to know that she loves me so much.

This past week has been a week of miracles. Sister Avila and I found three new investigators. That is pretty big for my area. It has been super crazy. I love the Lord's work more and more each day.

We stopped by this family's house. I have been trying to get into their house the entire time I have been in my area. They are less active and two of their kids are not baptized but want to be baptized so badly. We have tried and tried. When we stopped by this last Saturday, the mom let us in, which rarely happens. We talked to her for a little bit and then asked her about whether or not she wants her kids to be baptized. She said right now this is too stressful for her and her husband, they can't do do this for awhile. It was sad to me because of how good this family is. All they need to do is come back to church.

Then on Sunday Sister Avila and I spoke in sacrament meeting. We talked about how we could follow the Savior more closely in our lives. We prepared all week for these talks. Well after sacrament meeting, the mom and dad of this family came up to me with tears in their eyes. I shook the dad's hand and he said I am so sorry that I have not let you into my house sooner. He asked how soon can you come to my house. I said as soon as you would like. We ended up going later in the evening. We asked why they wanted us to come over and he said we would love for you to teach my children. He continued by saying, "We loved how genuine, sincere, and kind you sisters are. You are exactly who we want to have teaching our family. We feel good about you."  We asked how soon did they want to do the baptism. They thought about this Saturday but decided to move it to the next so they could invite friends and family. We taught them about the restoration. It was awesome.

I have such a great love for this family. I am so thankful to be teaching them. It has been such a special experience. But since I am being transferred I only have one lesson left to teach them. This is the first time in my whole mission that I have been able to invite people to be baptized. I am grateful to be a part of the Lord's work. Whether it is up or down it is still the Lord's work. I am thankful to be serving. Hopefully I can come back for the baptism, but I can't just show up with out new investigators.  I can come if I have a part in the program. We will see what happens. :) We will be teaching them the Plan of Salvation tonight.

Yesterday I had a woman come up to me after sacrament meeting and she said I looked familiar. She said I know you know someone that I know. She said she was from Coleville, Utah. She looked familiar to me as well. I asked her if her last name was Orgill. She said yes. I said I did 4-H with Dustin Orgill your son. She said oh that's right. She said Dustin is in Colorado. Any way what a small world to run into her here on my mission.

I love all of you so much. I hope you are doing well. I am thankful for each of you. Molly I absolutely loved reading your blog post. It touched my heart. So thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment