Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, April 30, 2012

Letter: 4/30/2012 ~ Spreading Happiness

Hello!

How is everyone doing? I can't believe that I will be talking to you all soon. Well I guess it won't be everyone but hopefully it will be good. I am super excited to skype. When I do it will be sometime after four on Mother's day.

Can I just say that Sister Avila is a wonderful companion?! She is awesome. I have learned so much from her. I have learned the value of a companion to help you get through the hard times. It is nice to have her there to help me keep going when I get discouraged. We laugh a ton.

So funny story.... the other night we were teaching this man who is less active. We couldn't go inside because we didn't have another woman there with us. So we stood outside teaching him. While I was teaching him from 3 Nephi about repentance, a bird attacked me. The bird was literally attached itself to my hair. Considering I was being attacked I was pretty calm about the whole thing. But I had to pull the bird out of my hair. Then, as my companion would say, "I chucked the bird on the ground." With one swift movement was all it took to get the bird out of my hair. Afterwards I really did chucked the bird, and I went on teaching. It was pretty funny. Then once we got back to the car we started laughing. It was awesome.

Sister Avila and I have been trying to contact a lot of less actives members. It has been hard since a lot of them don't want to talk to us. But I have to keep reminding myself that this is an opportunity to not get down but to double my faith. I know that the Lord will bless us with people to teach. We are going to focus more on finding than I have ever done before. Our goal is to find six new investigators. So hopefully we can find those who are prepared and ready for the gospel.

Sister Ellsworth asked me if I would be an exchange leader this transfer. I go on exchanges and help the sisters to find new investigators and practice teaching, testifying, and inviting. I am suppose to be a leading example in these things. I never do these things because I live in area that you can't talk to everyone because of the gated communities. I just know that the Lord is trying to teach me to double my faith. I have been in my area for almost six months now and I have never found a new investigator. What I have been able to do is to reactivate a few people. I have the need to remind myself that there are people who need and want to hear the message of the gospel. So this is really going to be different for me. I will be relying on the Lord like no other time. I keep being taught this lesson about always trusting in the Lord. Just when you think you trust in the Lord, the Lord teaches you to trust in Him a little more. It definitely tries our hearts. Which is good, He is preparing us for His kingdom.

I have also been learning how important it is to be pure and worthy. We must have righteous intentions when doing the work of the Lord... well with anything we should have righteous intentions. I am learning to do things solely for others and the Lord and not for myself. It is about having no thought of reward. Being on a mission is not about me, it is about the Lord and His children.

Love you all!

Sister Kranendonk

Sister Lofgreen is someone I have been helping to teach and come to church.
She always fees us food.
Another gorgeous Arizona Sunset
Sister Avila and I.
Our cute shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment