Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Sunday, April 8, 2012

Letter: 4/2/2012 ~ Bein Veinidos (Welcome)

Hey Everybody!

How are all of you? I hope you are doing well. I keep you all in my prayers every day. I have been practicing my Spanish. We had two nights of the Spanish Easter Pageant. I didn't hardly talk to any one. I thought if I started to use what little Spanish I knew they would keep talking to me and I can't keep the conversation going. So I tried to smile and be friendly. I can't imagine what it would be like to be learning a language while serving. I greatly admire those who do. It is a great skill and brings a lot of humility to who does it.

I absolutely loved watching general conference. I learned quite a bit. It was fun to watch it through missionary eyes. We watched three sessions at the stake center and the last one, we watched at a members home with our investigators. It definitely made me homesick. I miss seeing Salt Lake City. I felt the spirit testify of so many truths as I watched it. It truly is incredible. I am thankful for President Monson. Without fail I always feel the spirit with him. I know that he truly has been called of God. I was amazed that so many talks were about the family. Our world definitely needs it. We need to be protectors of our family. I am learning the value of not judging. When we are critical and judgemental the spirit cannot be with us. It hurts not to have the spirit with you and nor is it worth offending the spirit. Something I am constantly thinking about is how I can be more Christlike. I know it all begins in my thoughts. I need to think kind things to be kind. I need to be patient in my mind. I am learning that charity is being patient with one an other's weaknesses or when they error. I continue to work on this every day. It definitely takes prayer and steady, consistent effort and a determination to follow Christ.

This past week, Sister Lewis and I had someone come up to us and talk to us at the Easter Pageant. He was a total golden contact. He was asking all those questions that a missionary loves to hear. How do you know that the Book of Mormon is true? That is music to a missionary's ear. We shared our conversion stories, how we came to know the book is true. He kept asking us that question. We couldn't understand why he wasn't getting it. At the beginning of the conversation we asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon. He said that he had read parts of it. Then towards the end of our conversation when he started giving us anti material, he admitted to having had read the BOM four times. Sister Lewis totally called him out on it. He was left speechless and didn't know what to say accept feeding us his junk. His belief is that there is no error in the Bible and that is the only book we need. When he finally paused, I jumped into the conversation and immediately started testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I thought there is no way that this guy is leaving without my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I was firm and not backing down from what I was saying. I am sure many of you can imagine the passion that I felt. My testimony will stand against him at the last day. He will one day know of the truth of the Book of Mormon. After I was done testifying of it, we parted on good terms. Sister Lewis and I were so annoyed that we were at first suckered by him. But honestly we could feel the spirit when we were first talking to him. Now looking back I can totally see the spirit change in the conversation. I now have a great experience and know what to do in the future next time that happens. Sister Lewis kept telling everyone how awesome I was. She said yeah that's my companion. We laugh about it now.

I love you all so much. I can't wait to hear from you. Know that you are loved and appreciated.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment