Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Letter: 4/16/2012 ~ Beautiful Name

Hey Everybody!

How is every one? I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be transferred at all. I am getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Avila. She is so sweet and beautiful. I can't wait to be her companion. It will be such a blessing to be with her. She is from Texas. She speaks Spanish and French. I will be going full field this transfer which means I will only get to go to the visitor center once a week. So any mail that is sent there I can only pick up once a week. Please let people know that my mail should be sent to either of these addresses, 6265 N 82nd Street Scottsdale, AZ 85250 or 8364 East Echo Canyon Mesa AZ, 85204. Packages can be sent to my house. But not if there too big. If they are big boxes then send them to the mission home. I am thankful for a new change. It will be wonderful. Just like President Monson says change is to be welcomed. It will be interesting to be full field. I will be doing more planning than usual. I will be going to more houses than usual. But it will be good. This area really needs more attention. So it will be a nice change. I know there will be challenges ahead. But please pray that we will find those who are prepared to receive the gospel. Please? I would really appreciat it. I know that the Lord is preparing people and there are already people who are prepared to receive the gospel. We just need help finding them. :) We will be working hard.

One of my favorite things about being at the visitor center is receiving phone calls. You never know what interesting person is on the other line. This past week I received a call from this guy named Josh. Now he is from Kentucky so you need to imagine this with a Southern accent. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Thank you for calling the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is Sister Kranendonk. How may I help you?

Josh: Say your name again?

Me: Sister Kranendonk.

Josh: Oh wow what a beautiful name! Oh wow, amazing! That is just gorgeous.

Me: Thank you. Now how can I help you?

Josh: How do you spell that?

Me: K-r-a-n-e-n-d-o-n-k.

Josh: With a name like that you must be an angel! You are just beautiful. Your name is amazing.

Any way the purpose of his phone call was to have missionaries come to his home. I got his information. He kept telling me how amazing I was. He told me that he loved me many times on the phone. I had to laugh. I didn't know what to say. Of course I didn't laugh into the phone because that would only encourage him. But he told me that I would be put on his prayer role four times a day along with my family. So just know there is a guy in Kentucky praying for y'all. :) Ha ha gotta love it. :) Another sister at the visitor center had an old man singing MO TAB songs to her on the phone.

I picked up a new hobbie, water color painting. I have a new love. It was so much fun. There is a member in one of our wards named Sister Osborn. She is a recent convert. She is from Indianna. She helped to show us how to do it. It was a lot of fun. But it will have to wait until after the mission. I am having troubles with the computer in uploading pictures. I will email them soon. Sorry about that.

I want to hear more from everyone. I haven't heard much for two weeks. I just want to hear how things are going. 

I love you lots. I miss you tons.

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment