Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Letter: 4/10/2012 ~ Life is Good

Hi Family!

How is everyone doing? How was Easter? How did everyone like General Conference? What was your favorite talk?

Life is good. I have spent a ton of time down at the visitor center because of the Easter Pageant. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It is a wonderful place to be. I am so thankful to be serving where I am at. I have met so many amazing people. I just love helping people to feel loved and welcomed. I continue to learn how key it is to work by the spirit. I am constantly praying to know the needs of all the people that I talk to. It truly is amazing to have access to the spirit. Heavenly Father helps all of us. We can know how to help His children through the spirit because of how well our Father knows us. I read in one of the past general conference talks about working by the spirit. I can't remember who said it but he said that we need to work by the spirit, not in front or behind. When we are taking control of the teaching moment we make the spirit more of a supporting role instead of being the teacher. When we work behind the spirit we leave everything up to the spirit and which is called winging it and we have done no real preparation. This thought has come to help me a lot. I have changed the way I think and approach teaching situations.

Elder Stephen B. Allen came and spoke to us this past week. He did not want us to take notes. He wanted us to listen. His main point in talking to us was to help us to see the bigger picture of the visitor center. One of the purposes of a visitor center is to make it easier for members to share the gospel with their friends. Members come to have their faith strengthened. It is a place of peace and where the spirit is. Elder Allen said he did not want any of our tours to be the same. He taught us that it is not a good thing to become rote because otherwise we are not teaching by the spirit which is exactly what we need to be doing. It was so uplifting and a wonderful privilege to have him come teach us.

Chuck is awesome. He is one of my investigators. He came to the Easter Pageant twice this past week. I have loved working with them. His kids have come to like us a lot. Chuck invited us over for dinner tonight which will be a lot of fun.

For Easter we ate dinner at a member's home on Sunday. We had ham and cheese potatoes. They are a kind family. We went around with our roommates Hali and Aubre to sing songs to our investigators and members. We had a lot of fun. One house in particular we went to Sister Cook's house. We sang Be Still My Soul. During the song, Sister Cook's little dog came out and was licking Hali's legs. Hali started to laugh. Then I realized what was going on then I started to laugh. We tried so hard not to laugh. All together I just stopped singing, to control my laughter. Aubre tried splitting me and Hali up but it didn't work. We continued to laugh. At one point I turned my back side to her so I could stop but I was not successful. Sister Lewis ended up singing a solo. When she sang the last line we thought it fitting for the situation, thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end. Mind you Sister Cook said Oh I need to record this. So there is a video of what happened. Thankfully she already knows the church is true. :)

I hope you all are fantastic. Remember how much I love you and appreciate you. Take care!

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment