Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Letter: 3/27/2012 ~ My Birthday




Hello Everyone!

OH MAN DID I HAVE THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!! It honestly is the best. I love being 24. My companion loves to remind me of how old I am and I in return remind her she is only a year younger than I am. Its not that big of a difference. But honestly I was so touched by all the cards, letters, packages. It really was awesome. For a half hour when I was looking through the photo album and reading every one's letters, I felt like I was at home. I totally forgot that I was even on a mission. I was so wrapped up in it. I absolutely loved it. You all spoiled me. I have the family picture and the picture of Christ right by my bed. I love looking at the photo album. I am thankful for all the nice things everyone did. THANK YOU!

On my birthday I had lots of people sing happy birthday to me. I went out to Golden Corral with my favorite members. Sister Robinson is the best. She always goes out on splits with me. They were so good to us. We also went to Chuck's house. He is one of our investigators. We were able to answer his questions about the Book of Mormon. It was really cool. He is really getting into the Book of Mormon now. We are inviting him to general conference. His kids wanted to give us gifts. They gave me a blue leather book mark and had cake for me. It was so thoughtful of them. I am thankful for them. I feel we are great friends with his family now.

The pictures that I sent are from the Johnson family. They live in the Las Sendas ward. They are such a cute family. They wanted to have me over for dinner. So we went on Sunday. They were cute to make me a sign.

Life is good. Tonight will be the first night of the Easter Pageant. It will be crazy I am sure. It will be fun to see people. I am not sure what it will be like. At times I feel overwhelmed about who to talk to because there are so many people around. So I am trying to focus on one person at a time. I need to find that one who is ready and prepared for the gospel. That only comes through prayer and discernment of the spirit. Learning to discern the spirit is one of the best things we could strive to obtain in our lives. This is the only way that I will know who is ready for the gospel. Miracles will be happening. It's just like the Savior as well. He always sought out the one. Everything He does is on an individual basis. He invites us all to come one by one and feel the prints of the nails in His hands and feet. What an intimate and magnificent experience that is to know the Savior on such a level.

I have been working on memorizing the Living Christ. It has been awesome because I am coming to know the Savior even more. I am beginning to understand who He really is and what He really did. Granted this journey takes a life time. It truly is a wonderful thing. If there is anything I know with certainty and assurance that is the living Christ. He lives! He is our strength and power from day to day. He is the way. He shows us how to return to our Beloved Father in Heaven. I testify of the reality of His life.

I will be spending my days for the next two weeks at the visitor center. I love being at the visitor center. I count it a blessing every day. I am thankful to be called of God to represent His Son Jesus Christ.

Again thank you everyone. I love you all so much. Thank you for helping me to feel loved. I can't do it without you.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment