Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, March 19, 2012

Letter: 3/19/2012 ~ Service

Hey Everybody!

It is so good to hear from everyone. I am so thankful to be assured of how much I am loved. Sometimes I forget it. It's a silly thing we human beings forget is how much we really are loved by our family and most of all our Heavenly Father. Although it is a good thing to be reminded of how much we love one another.

This past week we helped out the Stonebridge Relief Society. They were cutting, sanding, painting boards to hold weekly quotes. They had 96 boards to do. It was a lot of fun. It was hard work. But it was such a wonderful opportunity to see how a Relief Society presidency works. There is so much work that happens behind the scenes of each ward auxiliary. It has helped me to see what I can do in the future. I am thankful to see how many people give so much of their time, talents and interests. They are truly keeping their covenants. Like Sister Thompson said hold fast to the covenants we have made. There is not one good deed that people do that goes unnoticed. Heavenly Father and His angels keep a heavenly record of all the good that happens. He is mindful of the good things we do. I am in constant need of reminding myself of this. There is a lot that I do as a missionary that I feel I am the only one that has benefitted. I don't always see the fruit of my labors. But I know one day I will know that no effort was wasted. I'll know the fruit of my labors. :)

It is also neat to see how much effort and how many people are involved in the easter pageant. I had no idea. There are so many members that give up their lives completely for three weeks to help out at the Easter Pageant. I know the reason so many sacrifice so much of their time and effort is because they know it will help to bring many souls back to our Father in Heaven. It is incredible to see it. We had a meeting with the Easter Cast in helping to train them to be missionaries. We role played to help them feel comfortable in knowing what to say.

There was such a neat spirit. I can't wait for the Easter Pageant. I will be there every single night and sometimes I will spend my entire day at the visitor center. Any way I love you all so much. I need to get going. But don't forget how much each of you mean to me. I love you all so much. I miss you a ton. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I couldn't do it without it.


Love ya,

    Emily

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are enjoying your missionary service. We love you and are so proud of you!

    Sheri Ebert

    ReplyDelete