Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Letter: 3/12/2012 ~ Time is Precious

Hey Everyone!

How is everyone and life treating you? Life is crazy as usual. But I am happy. I went hiking today. It was exactly what I needed. It is nice to get outdoors and do something else for a change. I definitely got a lot of sun. My face has not been covered in freckles like it is now. So on Sunday I spoke in the Stonebridge. I had known for a little while that I would be speaking. I had written out my talk and everything. I was super excited about it. I had a lot of my favorite scriptures to share and everything. But as I was on the stand and waiting for my turn, I started to pray. I poured out my heart that I could be used as an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I wanted to glorify Him and help bring His children closer to Christ. I prayed that at least one person would hear exactly what they needed to hear. After I sat down I realized that the talk I had just given was not anything that I had written down on my paper. It was amazing to realize that the spirit of the Lord spoke through me and I said what needed to be said. The things I had said were things that I had studied throughout the week but were brought to my rememberance. It was incredible. I love how the spirit works.

Sometimes it is hard to get out of bed in the mornings. But I push myself to get out of bed because I want to serve the Lord. This is His time and I am not about to waste it. I go running in the mornings. Sister Lewis just walks. It is amazing how just running for 15 minutes in the morning makes a huge difference in my day. I am definitely more happy. I can tell a huge difference in my day when I don't go running. I am thankful for the ability I have to run and walk and breath. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me. I am thankful that everything denotes there is a God. I am sad to find people who don't see that or think that Heavenly Father doesn't love them. I talked to someone this past week who wasn't a member. He feels like that since his wife has cancer, God no longer loves them. It is so sad when people don't know how much Heavenly Father loves them. I know we don't fully understand why there is so much pain and suffering in the world but God does. I know that He does. He loves His children. He sheds a tear when His children don't know that. But when we understand that Heavenly Father loves us and that we are His children. When we know the doctrine of the gospel, it can be applied in our lives in so many ways. I have gained a stronger testimony of how our answers are in the doctrine, in the scriptures. It truly is amazing. We gather strength and peace and love when we apply the doctrine in our lives. This is how we can get through all the pain and suffering.

The things I have been taught the most by the Lord lately is to have patience, love, charity, kindness. My favorite quote from president Monson is this "Charity that manifests itself when we are tolerant of others and lenient toward their actions, the kind of charity that forgives, the kind of charity that is patient." I have been taught this a lot, especially in my companionship. I can't just throw in the towel because things get hard. I need to be more like the Savior. As I am that way it makes it easier. I come to know him better. I know that He spent his time with those who need him. We all do, we all need him. (My heart is so full right now and I have tears in my eyes). I want and need others to be patient and understanding of me so I need to be that way with others too. I am wanting to make charity a part of who I am. I hope that I can be submissive to my Heavenly Father whatever His will maybe because I know that He knows better. I truly love Him so much. I want to do right in His eyes. Its not always easy. At times it can be pretty heart wrenching and you think you can't go on anymore. In those moments you have to turn to the Lord and ask for help and ask for His strength. To keep putting one foot in front of the other even when you don't want to. I am not perfect and I make a lot of mistakes but as I repent I come to know Him better. My focus is on Him. This helps to strengthen my faith in Him and as that happens He strengthens my abilities. I know Jesus is the Christ. He lives! I know our Father is a God of miracles. His love is ever merciful and always there. I am not sure why I am sharing all of this. I hope it makes sense. I have spent all of my time in the sun today so I am a little tired. Molly said she wanted to hear more about how I am doing. So here it is. :) I love you all so much. I am truly thankful that we are a family. That our family has been sealed in the temple. It truly is an amazing thing to have. I love you all. I can't wait to hear from you all.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment