Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Letter: 2/7/2012 ~ Shoes

Hi Everyone!

I am super excited for Layla Dye.  How cute?! I can't wait to meet her.  It will be so awesome.  I love that name.  I am excited for this baby.  I am sure everyone feels the same way I do.  :)

So the picture attached is of me with all the shoes this member gave us.  Sister Lofgreen is in the Stonebridge ward.  She is a recent convert.  She loves, loves to shop.  She needed help in cleaning out her closet.  Since she has fibromyalgia she can't wear heels any more.  She gave us all of her shoes.  It was funny helping her to clean out her closet.  When we were in her closet some how I ended up buried in the shoes.  The picture is a reenactment of what happened in the closet.  We are sharing the shoes with the sisters at the visitor center.  A lot of them we can't wear but it was nice of her to share with us. 

This past week has been good.  Sister Lewis and I have figured out how to be companions and get a long great.  We love being companions and enjoy being around one another.  We love to laugh.  I sure miss waking up in the mornings and hearing everyone laugh when I was at home.  We are learning a lot from one another.  We have been practicing to teach the lessons in 5-7 minutes.  It is not an easy thing.  I say too much and not simple enough.  But I am working on it. 

Last night we ate at Bishop Johnson's home.  There are five girls in their family. One of the girls name is Emma.  Emma loves to talk.  She talked the entire time at dinner.  Every time she started to talk she would take a huge breath and take off and talk a million miles an hour.  Reminds me of our house.  It was so funny to be there last night.  The whole family kept telling her to stop talking.  Josie the five year old said With her I never get a word in.  It was so funny. I loved it. 

Yesterday when Sister Lewis and I were in the car, S. Lewis called S. Cook who has been less active.  She wanted to see how S. Cook was doing.  S.  Cook was crying because her ex-husband has been back in the picture and has said some hurtful things to her.  She was wondering if we could come over. S. Cook thought it was our p-day so she didn't call us.  We went over and shared with her scriptures from 3 Nephi 9 and Alma 32: 27, 43.  They were scriptures she needed.  We have been helping her to turn to the Lord in hard times and trusting in him that everything will be okay.  We don't want her to become too attached to us but help the members get more involved because they will always be around. She appreciates the spirit that she feels with us.  She said she always feels peace with us when we are around.  She is reminded of all the things she needs to be doing.  She has been turning to the Lord in prayer.  She reads her scriptures and writes in her journal.  S. Lewis has had some hard life experiences but was able to teach S. Cook some valuable things from her experiences.  I love being there in the moment when someone needs help.  I love helping people to come and know Christ better and recognize His voice.  For without Christ we can do nothing.  But in the strength of the Lord we can do all things. :)

We also are teaching Trent Ruhland.  He will be turning 8 this month.  His dad is not a member.  When we taught the lesson the dad was there.  His arms were folded across his chest.  He didn't seem too happy to have us there.  But he listened.  We had fun teaching Trent.  It was such a fun experience.  We had to practice how to teach it simply that morning in companion study.  His mom told us that he prayed that our lesson would be a quick one before we came over.  S. Lewis wants to teach 2nd grade.  She has such a talent for teaching children.  I know she will be a great teacher someday.  Right now I am trying to soak in all of her goodness.  :) 

We taught Sian one of our investigators.  We talked about what she wants out of life.  She loves how family oriented the church is.  She wants to have a better relationship with her 14 year old son.  Her son lives with her ex-husband.  We also wanted to find out more about the beliefs that she has.  We had Br. Tawser there, who is her neighbor.  He is a great member of the ward.  Sian said that she would read all of 1 Nephi.  We haven't been able to get a hold of her to find out if she has read any.  We invited her to church and she said she would come.  But she didn't come on Sunday.  I feel bad because of how busy she lets her life become.  She lives with Victor who was her high school sweet heart.  We will be teaching him as well but since their schedules are so busy we can't teach them together.  It has to be seperate. 

On Sunday S. Lewis and I fasted. We both are trying to figure out how to help people come to church and help them become converted. I keep thinking what else can we do.  We both felt the impression that we need to keep doing what we are doing to help our area.  We need to be faithful, patient and diligent and in the Lord's time things will work out and fall into place.  I know the Lord is good and is very aware of his children.  He never gives up on them. 

This last week we went over to Jessica's house.  She is less active but occasionly goes to church with her mom.  When we went over there, her house was crazy.  Her grandma had just fallen.  Her two year old daughter is wanting help to get dressed and in the process of it Jessica stepped on a toothpick that went half way into her foot.  She immediately took it but part of it broke off and was still stuck in her foot.  I got the toothpick out of her foot while Sister Lewis entertained the grandma and the little girl. 

I have to go. I love you all.

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment