Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Letter: 2/14/2012 ~ Hiking

Sister Lewis and Sister Kranendonk



Hello Everyone,

Oh my.... time sure goes by so fast. I can't believe how fast time has gone. It continues to go faster. Just to let you know I won't be sending a letter this week because I went hiking today and it took longer than we thought. So I have no time to write any one any letters. So please forgive me. But I figure email is still good. :) We went and hiked Iron Flat which is a part of the Superstition mountains. It was so much fun. It was a lot of hard work. We started at 5:00 am this morning and didn't get done until 2:30pm. The elders in my district are so nice. They watched out for us sisters. They didn't want anything bad happening to us. We appreciated it. My companion taught me how to squat and go to the bathroom. It was crazy. Let's just say I am not a huge fan of it. :) ha ha Oh well but it works well enough. The elders talked a lot about girls and dating lives. It was funny. Other people think I am so serious and that I have never kissed any one. Little do they know.... ha ha

Sister Lewis and I are doing great. We are having a lot of fun together. Sister Lewis and I are always laughing. Whenever our district leader calls us and we answer we usually are laughing.

This past week has been good but not a whole lot has happened. We received a referral from mormon.org. It's always a happy thing when you receive a referral from the site. It is a man wanting a copy of the Book of Mormon but does not want missionaries. We'll see how it goes. It took me awhile to find his house. But we haven't contacted him yet because it was close to nine and we didn't want to be creepy. But we will see him tomorrow for sure.

We had lessons set up to meet with our investigators but all of them fell through for us. But we know there is a reason why they didn't work out. We have been working with a lot of less actives in our wards. The Darner family is so wonderful. They have faced some real struggles for awhile now. It is heart wrenching to see them go through it all. But we try to be a ray of sunshine in their lives and help them to be happy.

Sister Lewis and I have seen a lot of miracles in the visitor center. I met a man named Ed. He is not a member of the church. He came inside to wait for his fiancee who was in the temple. He told me that he had taken the missionary discussions before but stopped. He did not like all of the attention that he was getting from everyone. He didn't understand what the big deal was. He told me that he was in a motorcycle accident and was hit. The car was going 75 miles an hour. He didn't have a helmet or anything like that. The only thing that was messed up was his back. But other than that he did not have a single scratch. He can't figure out why he would be saved and survive such an accident. He doesn't understand why God would let him live. I also feel like he doesn't feel he is of any worth. We talked about baptism. He said I really just need to go out in the middle of the night at some lake and be baptized. He said that he didn't want any one there. I said that can definitely happen. I said I have a commitment for you. I asked will you call your bishop and schedule a day to be baptized. He said that he would try. I said okay and then asked for his phone number so I could call him and follow up with him.

Sister Lewis invited some one to read the Book of Mormon and gave him a copy of it and invited him to be baptized. She is on fire and doing really well. She is not afraid to speak up and say what she thinks. We work well together. She is always turning to the Lord for help. We have definitely had some good times when we pray together and times where we know Heavenly Father is laughing with us. We are truly thankful to the Lord and what He has done for us. We are thankful to be a part of this work. I told Sister Lewis that my goal for me is to make her the best missionary ever. She appreciated knowing that when she found out. As a trainer I have been trying to do everything I can in helping her to be the very best. I want her to be ready and prepared if she is called upon to train after the two transfers. We are trying to work closely with the ward councils. It is interesting going to all of these meetings. I sure have learned a lot about how the Lord runs His church. I am thankful for the way that it is. We are trying to get all the wards to fast for missionary experiences. To kick start it off we will be speaking in all of the wards and trying to get them excited for missionary work. Sister Lewis is getting use to being at church for seven hours. She is not use to it. Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I love being surrounded by all of the members.

I love the challenge we received in always carrying a copy of the Book of Mormon around with us as missionaries. I act so much differently I feel when I have a copy of it in my hands. I am more aware of the people around me and look for more opportunities to pass it out to people. Sister Lewis and I want to pass out as many copies of the Book of Mormon as we can. We want to help flood the earth with that book. I truly have gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. It does not matter what is going on in life, the whole world could be crashing down around me and reading the Book of Mormon makes it all better. I love that book so much. I have come to appreciate it more every day. Elder Henager my district leader has challenged us to read the whole book within six weeks. I have some catching up to do. It has been wonderful spending so much time reading the Book of Mormon. I am always working on how I can better teach from the Book of Mormon.

I am absolutely exhausted from that hike today but I am so glad that I went. It was awesome. On the hike we talked about what we want to be when we grow up, Elder Scott's response was from when he was little. He said I am going to be awesome. I love that.

I hope all of you are doing well. Chloe I absolutely loved your letter. I loved your pictures. Some of the Elders asked if I had any sisters. I said yes. I showed them Chloe's picture. They couldn't believe how beautiful she was. They asked if they could write her. I said no she is 17. One of them said you gotta get 'em while they're young. He said she would be perfect. She will be 19 when I get home. He is 19 now. Any way I just laughed. They do want to write to Amelia as well. :) I haven't ever had a picture of Amelia on me to show her off. I need to get one. :) ha ha ha. Molly and Phil I can't tell you how often I think about Layla. I wish I could be there. :)

I love you all so much. I miss you a ton.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment