Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letter: 2/21/2012 ~ Teaching

Hey Everybody!

How are you? I hope you all are doing well. I feel its been awhile since I have heard from someone of you. How is life treating every one? I need the updates from everyone. :)

Last night Sister Lewis and I had family home evening with the Beeson family and with Chuck and his family. Chuck is one of our investigators. At first the kids were not comfortable to be there. They were quiet and kept to themselves. But as the night went on the kids opened up. Sister Beeson's family were so good and friendly. They had a short lesson on Jesus Christ being the Light of the world. Si the seven year old asked if we would be doing family home evening again next week. It was cute. The kids wanted to guess what mine and S. Lewis' names were. It was funny. Then the rest of the night turned into a guessing game. Si enjoyed it a lot. Family home evening truly is an inspired program. It is something the Lord has showed us in order for us to protect our families against Satan. This definitely serves to strengthen the family. I have also seen how Family Home Evening can be a great missionary tool. People are always concerned about their family. So doing Family Home Evening and inviting nonmembers is a great way to do missionary work. No pressure, it's fun and invites the spirit.

Trent is 7 years old. He will be baptized in March. He is excited and happy to be getting baptized. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. We drew pictures with him. His mom and sister Tara sit in on the lessons. This family always talks about how they want their dad to get baptized. The dad was not there for the last lesson but he will be there for the next lesson. Fred has had the lessons before from missionaries but ended up not getting baptized. But he has been going to church for five years. We are hoping and praying for a miracle.

We met with Sister Connelly. She has not been active for a long time. We stopped by just to say hi. She was nice and let us into their home. We spent time getting to know her. Over the course of the conversation she told us she had not gone to church in a long time and wasn't interested in coming back necessarily. We were able to share with her what our missions meant to us. Sister Lewis was able to share with Sister Connelly her experience of being less active and now coming on a mission. It was cool. Throughout the conversation you could see Sister Connelly's heart soften. I asked if I could share with her a message. I felt the impression to talk about the Love of God for her. I shared with her 2 Nephi 26:24. I testified how God truly loves her. He has provided a way for us to return to him when we have strayed from the path. There were tears in her eyes. There was a sweet spirit in her home. I love testifying and helping people to learn that the invitation to come unto Christ is always there. Heavenly Father cares about who we are becoming and where we are headed. He never gives up on any of us.

We had a lesson in a sister’s home that we are working with. We talked with her about the importance of coming to church. We taught her how going to church serves to strengthen us. We need it so we can renew our covenants with Heavenly Father. We need that nourishment. We have been working with her for over five weeks on coming to church. This past Sunday she came to church. I was so excited to see her. It was wonderful. I know one of her biggest challenges is her husband because he makes fun of her for going to church. They are both members of the church but are less active. We are setting up a time to meet with her and her husband with a member of the ward to have a lesson. This sister says that Josh her husband has questions. So hopefully we can set up a time to meet with them. We had an appointment but they canceled on us.

We also met with the Carter family. They are recent converts and the dad does not always come to church. I am not sure why. The 17 year old son is not baptized. We are trying to find out if he wants to get baptized. They have two little boys who are autistic, so needless to say this family has their hands full. There were lots of distractions during the lesson but we were still able to teach and feel the spirit. We were teaching the family from the Ensign about the article on finding answers in the Book of Mormon. I think it was a good thing. Sean the dad had lots of questions for us. We didn't have enough time to answer them but I think it has got him thinking.

Sister Lewis and I have not had the highest numbers to report. The numbers definitely do not reflect everything we are doing. We are trying to work hard. We are working to change and evaluate how we do things. We are trying to be hopeful and faithful and trust that the Lord is in charge. We are going on splits tonight. We feel this will greatly help in moving the work forward. It will help us to cover more ground. We are excited to see what will happen. I think we will begin to harvest soon. I am thankful to be working with Sister Lewis. She is a wonderful companion. I feel blessed in knowing her. She has a beautiful testimony. She knows how to stay organized and on top of things. I feel she is training me instead of me training her.

I love being able to study from the Book of Mormon and then later on that day, use it in many ways to teach people. I love being able to spend so much time studying from the Book of Mormon. It is important for us to take questions we have to the Book of Mormon. If we are diligent and search the mysteries of God will be unfolded unto us.

I love you all. I hope to hear from everyone. :)

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment