Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letter: 2/27/2012 ~ Listening

Hey Everyone!

Thank you for all the emails, packages and letters.  It means a lot to me.  I love being able to be involved in your lives and hearing how things are going. 

Sister Beckstrand the visitor center director's wife is going to keep a blog.  Any of you are welcome to look at it.  Here is the address: beckstrandbeat.blogspot.com.

Question for mom do you remember an Elder Flag from Wisconsin that served way back when in Salt Lake City? 

Last P-day we went over to a woman's house.  She has had a lot of issues with her family.  They are struggling to make ends meet in all aspects of life.  The ward has helped them out a lot.  Sister Lewis and I washed all of her tile floors in her house.  Which was basically the whole house.  But we had a good time.  One of my favorite aspects of being a missionary is giving service.  We are always looking for more opportunities to serve. 

Sister Lewis and I have discovered how going on splits with ward members is a wonderful thing.  It has helped us in so many ways this past week.  We went out twice.  We are hoping to do that every week.  The members are wonderful to do that with us.  They add such a great spirit and plus you get to learn a lot from them.  Going on splits obviously helps us to cover more ground.  It is hard not having enough time in our area to visit people.  A third of our day is studying, another third is in our area and the other is at the visitor center.  Plus we spend a lot of time traveling in the car.  It takes a half hour to get to the visitor center from our apartment.  Members help us out a lot by driving us to the visitor center.  They are so helpful.  We as missionaries pray that the Lord's blessings may be poured out upon their homes because of the service they give.  Our roommates always tell us that the missionaries prayers are on top of the Lord's priority list and because they live with us, their prayers go up with ours. :) ha ha

We went on exchanges this week with Sister Orton.  She was so helpful in helping us improve and be better.  She is so sweet.  She is from Salem, Utah.  We had a good discussion on how we can involve the ward auxiliary members better.  I think this will help to improve the area.  We are trying to lift where we stand.  We want to have a more unified effort among all the ward auxiliary members so we can be on the same page.  If we are not then we are all going in different directions and it is not as effective and we don't get as much done. 

One thing that I have gained a stronger testimony of is when I listen with love to the people I am talking to then I will know what to say through the spirit.  The spirit will be able to speak through me to the people.  I have been learning to be a better listener.  I try to completely focus on what is being said instead of me formulating my own thoughts on what I want to say next.  When I listen with love that is when the spirit will help me to know exactly what I need to say. 

Sister Lewis and I have been able to give out more copies of the Book of Mormon.  We are trying to pass out as many as we can before transfers come.  We always make sure there is one in our hands.  We also invite ward members to have a copy of the Book of Mormon out in the open and ready to give it out to someone.  We have been challenging them to pray for experiences to give more copies out. 

We had a lesson with Chuck.  It was awesome and intense. He had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon and how the Bible supports the Book of Mormon and prophesys of it.  When I didn't have an answer to a question Sister Lewis did.  When she didn't have an answer I did.  We definitely make a great team.  I am thankful to be working with her.  I have already learned so much.  We are learning to patient with one another as we make changes and be better.

We also had a zone blitz.  We were thankful to have the elders from our district and our zone leaders come to work our area.  It helped a lot.  I think we found some possibilities where we can start teaching.  The elders were so kind  and good to us.  They are always watching out for us sisters and making sure that we are taken care of.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment