Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Friday, January 20, 2012

Letter: 1/16/2012 ~ D&C 130:2


Dear Family!

How is everybody? I hope life is treating you well. Every day I am more thankful for my wonderful family. I am thankful for the relationships that we share in. They truly are special and will last for eternity. I am thankful that our family has been sealed in the temple. One of my favorite scriptures is Doctrine and Covenants 130:2. I hope you will all take the time to read it and think about it. Because I know those words are true and hold great meaning for us. I also want to check in with everyone about their profiles on Mormon.org. Let me know when you have done it because I want to be able to read it. This is something special that the Lord has given us in sharing the gospel with everyone. It is an easy way of helping people to learn where the truth is.

This week has been good. Next week is transfers. I will find out this Saturday if anything happens. I am pretty sure Sister Parker and I will stay together in the same area. I don't think there will be any changes. I love being in my area and I am learning a lot from Sister Paker. It is a wonderful place to be. I love working with all of the people.

This past week one of the families I am working with are being faced with new challenges. Bert is beginning to learn that the truth is not completely in his church. It has been very unsettling to him. He has a lot of questions about the church and different doctrines. We did have an appointment with them this past week. When we showed up they were not home. Later on we found out from Barb that they planned to be gone. Bert has a lot on his mind to think about. I know these struggles have a purpose in his life and will help him to learn more about the truth. When their family came to church they enjoyed it a lot. The Thunder Mountain ward members have been wonderful in welcoming them to church. Everyone is always reaching out. We are going over this week to help them put away their Christmas village.

We stopped by Chuck's home this past week. He was happy to see us. You can just tell when someone is reading the Book of Mormon. They're happy to see you. When people are not happy to see you, its a pretty good guess they have not been reading. He said he had been busy to return our phone call but that he would call us. Chuck is separated from his wife and is raising the kids on his own. He wants to come to church and see what it is like. We hope he can come this week. He is surrounded by neighbors who are members of the church.

In the Las Sendas ward, a new ward mission leader was called. His name is Br. Morrison. He is absolutely wonderful to work with. He is awesome and on top of things. He wants to work closely with us and get things happening in their ward. Which is exactly what this ward needs. I am sure I will get to learn a lot from him. This is his third time being a ward mission leader. He has been in stake presidency before.

We are finally getting into homes where we have been trying to get into for awhile now. We are hoping to see more miracles in their lives. I know they will come if we just believe. Sometimes I struggle when people say they are too busy and have no time even to talk. I understand that we all have tons of worries and lots of things happening but there is something that matters even more. And that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for what the gospel of Jesus Christ does in our lives.

There is a less active family that we have been working with. The mom wants to come to church so badly but her husband has made fun of her for wanting to go. She is trying to pull her family along on her own. Her parents live with them and they are not members. Their children are old enough to be baptized but are not. We are going to ask this week if we can start teaching their kids. We invite Sheree to come to church. She always says that she will come. We call to remind her and even go to her house before church to help her out. But she still does not come. I am not sure what else we can do. Sister Parker said we need to teach her more about the importance of coming to church and renewing our covenants with Heavenly Father each week. I am definitely learning that Christ and Heavenly Father know their children perfectly and knows exactly how to help them. What I need to do as a missionary is pray and search and seek what Heavenly Father would have me teach them. I want to help them. I love the people so much. I am learning how important it is to speak with convincing power and bear testimony. These things help people to feel the power of the spirit. I know that I need to seek revelation because this is the Lord's work and it needs to be done His way. Whether the work is up or down it is still the Lord's work. I am here to be His instrument in bringing His children closer to Christ.

I met the visitor center directors. Elder and Sister Beckstrand. They are wonderful. Elder Beckstrand served his mission in Holland. He is going to be teaching me how to correctly say my last name. He told me I didn't know how to say it. :) ha ha He said that he served his mission with a Donald Kranendonk. Dad, isn't that Grandpa's brother? I thought I remembered he had a brother named Don. If you know anything about it I want to learn more. Also if you can search more about our last name that would be great.

I love all of you. I am thankful for my family. I love being able to serve the Lord. It truly has blessed me. I can't believe I am here.

Love,

Sister Kranendonk


P.S.

Hey mom I wanted to let you know about Elder and Sister White's homecoming talk. They will be speaking on the 9th of February @ 9:00am in the morning. The address is 2500 South Bluff Road. I hope you can go and tell me all about it. Elder and Sister White were the directors of the visitor center.

No comments:

Post a Comment