Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ready for Sister Kranendonk

Emily had asked me if I would be willing to buy her bedding and drop it off at the mission home.  I was lucky and found some purple sheets for her and the rest of her bedding.  We realized yesterday that Emily is flying out today!  Brian called the mission home and talked to one of the secretaries to find out when they closed.  She told Brian that they all knew about Sister Kranendonk and said they were excited for her to come today. 

We had just enough time to drop off Emily's stuff before they closed yesterday.  The mission home is in Scottsdale, AZ and so we enjoyed a nice drive together.  The front desk was covered in packages and addressed to all the missionaries.  It was really fun to meet some of the couples serving in the mission office. 

One of the sisters went and found Sister Ellsworth and said she wanted to meet me.  Sister Ellsworth is a kind woman and is very excited to meet and serve with Emily.  All of the ladies in the office had been practicing how to say Sister Kranendonk's name.  They wanted me to pronounce Kranendonk, just to be sure they were saying it correctly and could properly welcome her.  Needless to say, they are ready for her. 

Here is some of the information I found about Emily's mission president and his wife:
 
R. Spence and Laurie Ellsworth
Robert Spence Ellsworth, 59, and Laurie Benson Ellsworth, seven children, Arizona Mesa Mission; Carey 2nd Ward, Carey Idaho Stake. Brother Ellsworth is a counselor in the Boise Idaho Mission presidency and a former stake president, bishop and missionary in the North Argentine Mission. Co-owner, Ellsworth and Company. Born in Globe, Ariz., to Maurice Chapman and Norma Owens Ellsworth.

Sister Ellsworth is a former stake Relief Society president, ward Young Women president, ward Relief Society and Primary teacher and institute teacher. Born in Seattle, Wash., to Ezra Taft Benson Jr. and Mary Beth Wheeler Benson.


I think they are all ready for Sister Kranendonk.  I am so excited for her to come!

         Love,

              Katherine

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm so happy that they practiced her name to make sure they could say it correctly! And yay for purple sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post so we get to know her mission president better.

    ReplyDelete