Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of exceeding joy of which I taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. ~ Alma 36:24







Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This piece of artwork is on display at the Vistor's Center
Sister Parker
Sister Kranendonk & Sister Burton
Sister Stephens, Sister White, Sister Kranendonk & Elder White
Elder and Sister White are the Vistor Center Directors.

Hello Everyone!

How are all of you?  I hope you are all doing fantastic.  I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.  Sister Parker and I went to the Zimmerman family's home for Thanksgiving.  She is the stake relief society president. Her family was so kind and loving. 

We now spend every evening at the visitor center.  We are there from 5:00 until 10:00pm and go to bed at 11:30pm. We then wake up at 7:30am.  It has been nice. I have enjoyed being at the visitor center.  I love talking to people.   Although I am still working on being more bold and sharing the gospel with people. 

I love being able to testify about the Book of Mormon.  There is such a great power that comes from the Book of Mormon.  At the visitor center I have talked to a lot of people who have not really given the Book of Mormon a chance.  There was a woman who came in yesterday. She is from North Carolina.  She is coming to take care of her dad.  She is Protestant.  Her family started to walking away.  As they left they invited her to come to see the movie Luke 2.  She said I'll catch you later and that she liked talking to missionaries.  She said that she has had a lot of questions but can't find the answers to them in some of the religions that she has checked out. 

This woman and I started talking.  She said that she had visited once with the mormon missionaries.  I asked her what she thought about it.  She said it was interesting.  I asked her more specifically what she thought.  She again said that she thought it was interesting.  I shared with her what I thought of the Book of Mormon.  I told her that I had been seriously studying it ever since I was 14 and spent a lot of time doing so.  I had come to know for myself that it was true.  I asked her what some of her questions were.  She said she had some questions about the Holy Ghost.  I told her what we believed in about the Godhead.  She thought all of this was very interesting.  I asked her if she had ever read the Book of Mormon.  She said no that she hadn't really read it.  I challenged her to read it and find out whether or not it was true.  I read Moroni's promise with her.  I emphasized that through the Holy Ghost she can know the truth of all things.  I also testified that any question she had whether it be temporal or spiritual she would find her answer in the Book of Mormon.  She asked me how she would know it is true.  We talked more about the Holy Ghost and different feelings people have experienced.  I shared with her a personal experience I had had when I knew that my Father in Heaven loved me.  I became emotional as I talked about it with her.  I said that I was sorry for getting so emotional.  She said don't worry about it.  I shared with her that more happiness would come from the Book of Mormon than she could ever imagine.

It was amazing to see the spirit soften this woman's heart.  She said she would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  I said would it be alright if we sent the missionaries to visit her. She said she already had their number and would call them.  I told her once you know that the Book of Mormon is true will you do something about it.  She said yes.  I know that the promises that I made to her will come to true. 

As a missionary I have been called of God to bless the lives of his children. I know that through the spirit I can call down the blessings of heaven to bless their lives.  I know through the spirit the Lord will keep the promises that I made to her last night.  I testify the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that it helps us more than we could ever imagine.  We just have to spend more time reading it.  The Lord desires to bless His children, if they will just come to Him and believe.  Miracles only happen if believe they can happen.  I have seen many miracles happen so far. 

Love,

Sister Kranendonk

No comments:

Post a Comment